Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

When to pack?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:03 AM
  • 9 Replies

My DH and I are settling on our first house on September 14th.  Everything is done except for the loan (we were preapproved for this specific house, though).  I feel like we should start packing, but I'm afraid if i start before we get word that we have the loan i may jinx it!  Am I being dumb?  When would you start packing?

by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LongBeachLiz
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Thats me too. I'm superstitious like that. I am always knocking on wood lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsblissmas
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:52 PM

You could start packing the things you don't use or use the least. Then it won't make much of a difference if it doesn't go through. I'm the type who likes to be prepared so I would be starting now. I'd hate for the loan to go through only to find myself rushing and going nuts.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Just pack what you don't need first.

rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Quoting itsblissmas:

You could start packing the things you don't use or use the least. Then it won't make much of a difference if it doesn't go through. I'm the type who likes to be prepared so I would be starting now. I'd hate for the loan to go through only to find myself rushing and going nuts.

I agree completely...i always start packing way early.
luvcloudydays
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:59 PM
We started 3 weeks before our "original" move date, and we had tons of issues with the seller not having the house up to date, THEN we had to wait even longer because they found a crack in the septic tank and had to replace the whole thing. We waited 2 months before finally moving. But, we had only packed the decorations/pictures, winter clothes, other stuff we didn't use on a daily basis. When we knew exactly when we were closing and had the date for paper to be signed, we started finishing up a week before. Pack your kitchen stuff last!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amanda81919
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:03 PM
I was too. As soon as we got approved I started packing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermomwife09
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:48 PM

I'd wait til I had the keys in my hand before I started packing I wouldn't want to jinx it either!

ShireeCS
by Shiree on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:53 PM

start going through things and getting rid of what you dont want or need it makes it easier to pack...

Mami2oneboy
by Sara on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:10 PM
I would definitely start packing early ! So you can label boxes and know where everything is, and you won't have to do it in a hurry when you do move.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)