Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

My son ugh and his "daddy" LONG

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:21 AM
  • 11 Replies
Ok so me and my ex split up in january well we agreed on him having our ds nights a week and i have him the rest. he gets ds monday 6pm to 6am wednesday same times and either friday or sat. so he takes him bowling and out to eat and the park and other places ya ya its good. good daddy. wrong! my son comes home and treats me like crap he will get mad at me when i ask him simple questions. he hits the wall kicks the doors and then after all that madness he still gets to go have fun at his dad's. his dad does not see where i am coming from. ugh i so want to not let him go back. :( what to do? sorry so long.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:46 AM
How old? Sounds like he is having a hard time with the back and forth. And probably doesn't have the same rules at dad's house. Talk to him and cone together as co parents. GL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyRose06
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:58 AM
I have the same problem with my 3 yr old. His dad has always let him do whatever he wants, feeds him excessive amounts of sugar and doesnt watch his mouth around him. When he comes back he's a little monster. But my ex only cares to see him once every couple months. Good luck momma! maybe sitting him down and explaining to him will help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meg2011425
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:20 AM
I struggled with this for awhile. About a year ago my ex filed for divorce. I moved out. He treated me horribly. Ex got him every other weekend. And kept him overnight he came home and he was so mean. I finally had enough and had my lawyer write in the papers he needs supervised visits, because ex has anger issues I don't trust him with my son. And when he had him I could never catch a break. I had a sit down with his parents. My DS sleeps at grandparents house and sees " daddy" during the day.

In your case it may he him adjusting to it. Like ok I'm at daddys house and then Im at Mommys house. It could also be a rules thing. Maybe if one has rules but not the other. It's stressful. But I hope you can figure it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Earthangel0107
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:01 PM
Thanks ladies i have tried to co parent but the ex says its none of my dam business what he does on his days. its beyond stressful and i am pregnant and cant deal well with stress :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NovaChick26
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:12 PM

I agree sounds like maybe he is just having a hard time adjusting. its a big change for a little kid Iv gone through this with my DD the best thing iv found to do is to just keep them on a schedule when they are with you be patient and when he gets mad and acts out try to talk it through with him

joyfullem
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Your ex sounds a lot like mine.  He treats our DS like crap but our DD wonderfully and when I called him on it he told me it is none of my buisness how he treats them... and I disagree it is COMPLETLY my buisness.  Unless you have it court ordered I would tell him things are going to change if he can't act like a parent instead of you DS's best friend.

Quoting Earthangel0107:

Thanks ladies i have tried to co parent but the ex says its none of my dam business what he does on his days. its beyond stressful and i am pregnant and cant deal well with stress :(

joyfullem
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Ok well that was weird having a line through my words...  Your ex sounds a lot like mine.  He treats our DS like crap but our DD wonderfully and when I called him out on it he told me that it was none of my buisness.... I disagree my kids my buisness 100% Unless you have this agreement court ordered I would email him that way you have a record and explain what your concern is and that if he cannot act like a father instead of a friend that you will have to change the current agreement

Quoting joyfullem:

Your ex sounds a lot like mine.  He treats our DS like crap but our DD wonderfully and when I called him on it he told me it is none of my buisness how he treats them... and I disagree it is COMPLETLY my buisness.  Unless you have it court ordered I would tell him things are going to change if he can't act like a parent instead of you DS's best friend.

Quoting Earthangel0107:

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:15 AM

((hugs)) He's probably just adjusting.

Earthangel0107
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:58 AM
I have added a little rule. I told my ds that if he can not listen to me on my nights he will not be aloud to go to his dad's. it may seem harsh but its gotten a little out of control and i am tired of the disrespect. thanks for the idea's ladies and i may get him in with a counselor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krystyneh
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:01 AM
He could still be adjusting to having to go between u two
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN