Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

How much is too much?

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:11 PM
  • 12 Replies
Dd is 2 weeks old. I was told for her weight she should be eating 20 oz a day. Yesterday and today she's been eating 4 oz every 3 hours. She usually has stretches where she will sleep 5-6 hours, but for some reason that's changed and she's up every 3 hours. Is this a growth spurt? I'm getting worried that she's getting too much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Its fine. I fed whenever they were hungry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MelinaK
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 6:07 PM

When my son was 2 weeks, he was getting 4oz every 2 hours. Kid woke up like clockwork. It was crazy. Now, at 8 months, he is the size of most 1 year olds. Not fat, but tall. Perfectly healthy! I don't think your doing a thing wrong!

rxtaed1
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:07 PM
I figured she's just growing... Just makes me nervous. She's like clock work too. I'm amazed. Even if she stays up for 2 hours after feeding she will only sleep an hour and wake up to eat again. I'm exhausted lol.

Quoting MelinaK:

When my son was 2 weeks, he was getting 4oz every 2 hours. Kid woke up like clockwork. It was crazy. Now, at 8 months, he is the size of most 1 year olds. Not fat, but tall. Perfectly healthy! I don't think your doing a thing wrong!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MelinaK
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Hang in there. It will get easier!

Meg2011425
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:53 PM
Give it time and it becomes a little easier every week. My son had gerd as a baby so he would eat but everything came up. And he'd still be hungry. He was hospitalized at 5 weeks for severe dehydration. As long as she's eating that's all that matters. She seems healthy for a young baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessi19
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:55 PM

i bf so no idea how much she got. but she grew lol so i guess it was enough. at 2 weeks it was about 1 1/2 to every 2 hours

cnlsmommy
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:58 PM
Babies do not over eat, they know to stop when they are full. Its adults that are silly enough to gorge ourselves
:-) if lo wants to eat, let her eat! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheymann
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Babies eat when they're hungry and stop when they're not. As long as she's not throwing up, she's fine. 

BruLeyMag
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:21 AM

probably a growth spurt.

WFG2012
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:28 AM
1 mom liked this
wow, 4 oz is over feeding. their bellies can only hold about.2 oz that early. of course it's stretching out by over feeding so there's not much you can do that won't piss her off now. I would start reducing the amounts by. 5 an ounce.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)