Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Just got my FIRST BFP at past 6 weeks?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Scared for the baby!!!! Anyone else know anything about this?????

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:19 AM
  • 25 Replies

I have not had intercourse since July 9th, and it had been 2 weeks before then since i had intercourse so its the only day i could have gotten pregnant... My LMP was June 25th...

i'm on BC that i was told could alter a pos test to be neg... I've been testing every week every couple of days really... yesterday i thought i had a bfp but i wasnt sure to believe it, a faint shadow appeared at 45 seconds... but didnt change to get darker for a few hours so i thought maybe evap even though it showed in the first 45 seconds... just tested again now... same type of test, same shadow in the same spot except the shadows darker but still the right color for the test... I think that means i'm pregnant lol... but thats so weird it would be this faint at past 6 weeks pregnant...

anyone have anything similar happen to them and what happened???

i've had all the signs for weeks, i just knew i was pregnant... my doc wont see me til the 8 week mark to even check his test... but i'm really scared that something could be wrong with the baby with how weak my positive is...

please help...

by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fmama2
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:21 AM
What bc was you taking ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butt3rfly_away
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:22 AM

seasonique

Quoting Fmama2:

What bc was you taking ?

butt3rfly_away
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:22 AM

i'm afraid to go off of it, my doc said it could cause instant miscarraige

Quoting butt3rfly_away:

seasonique

Quoting Fmama2:

What bc was you taking ?

LilMamaK
by Kaht on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

You prob. are preggo. I got pregnant with my daughter and son while on BC!!! It happens!

*~*Wifey To Tommy(2.4.11), Mommy to Allyana(7.5.08), & Our angel baby Jovanny(3.6.10)*~*

SB2217
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:24 AM
It "should" get darker and be pretty dark by now but you might have ovulated later than you think and maybe that's why it shows the faint line.
Did it appear within 5 minutes? Does it have color? Is it getting darker? If so, then yeah, you are pregnant. If it has no color is an evap. If it gets lighter instead of dark it might've been a chemical pregnancy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StrangeDays
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:25 AM
I would sooner say staying on it would cause problems. But I'm not a doctor, so don't take my word for it. Whatever the case, good luck! I am hoping for the best for you :)

Quoting butt3rfly_away:

i'm afraid to go off of it, my doc said it could cause instant miscarraige

Quoting butt3rfly_away:

seasonique

Quoting Fmama2:

What bc was you taking ?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vwd_johnson
by Valerie on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:27 AM
I'd get a second opinion on if you should stay on the BC, I've always heard to stop taking it if you are pregnant! I've never been on seasonique.

Sounds like you are prego, sometimes people just don't have high hormones to make the test "dark". I know people who haven't gotten positives til like 12wks, which means their hormones were too low to be reconized before that, & if it did show pos it would have been very faint. Healthy babies!

Also the BC could be alternating how high/low your hormones are.

DEFINITELY get a second opinion on if you should still be taking the BC. Goodluck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vwd_johnson
by Valerie on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this
My positive test was veerry faint, and hardly had color to it, and I had a baby 15wks ago ;) I was around 4wks.

Quoting SB2217:

It "should" get darker and be pretty dark by now but you might have ovulated later than you think and maybe that's why it shows the faint line.
Did it appear within 5 minutes? Does it have color? Is it getting darker? If so, then yeah, you are pregnant. If it has no color is an evap. If it gets lighter instead of dark it might've been a chemical pregnancy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butt3rfly_away
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:29 AM

todays was within 2 of the 3 minutes and the ovulation theory is possible i'm highly irregular... i started the seasonique the day before i got pregnant if i'm pregnant as well, we just didnt wait... It has gotten darker but its still really really faint and it has color its  alighter color then the control line but thats to be expected right???

Quoting SB2217:

aidyns_mommy
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Who da daddy??

Sorry, too much Maury.... Goodluck sounds like your prego!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN