Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Help! Potty Training

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:24 PM
  • 16 Replies

My 2 1/2 year old refuses to use the potty.  She done so well at one point and then now she won't use it at all.  She knows what pee and poop are, what the potty is, and what it's used for.  She get's excited when she pees in the potty, (which now, isn't very often) and when she follows me to the potty, she will scream Yay, good girl momm! When I pee.  What do I do?  She is showing all the signs for being ready, but refuses.  

by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gastromama2007
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:26 PM
She will do it when she is ready. You can't, and shouldn't push her. It will make her regress.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmandaMaeBell
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Thta's what I'm afraid of.  If I put a pull up on her, she won't even try to go potty.  I'll ask her if she has to potty and she'll say no.  Then I try to sit her on the potty (just in case) she throws an ever lovin fit.

Quoting Gastromama2007:

She will do it when she is ready. You can't, and shouldn't push her. It will make her regress.

RyleesMom83109
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:36 PM

I'm going through the exact same thing with my almost 3 year old. She did so well for awhile and now just refuses to go.

AmandaMaeBell
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Sorry.  It sucks!

Quoting RyleesMom83109:

I'm going through the exact same thing with my almost 3 year old. She did so well for awhile and now just refuses to go.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:40 PM
Wait a month and try again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmandaMaeBell
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Quoting PeaceMuch:

Wait a month and try again.

Mommy_Jenx3
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:44 PM
All you can do is back off for awhile. She just isn't ready to fully commit to it yet. She will get it in time :) Potty training can be stressful as it is for some kids.....it's best not to push it if they aren't going to do it. Good luck!
AmandaMaeBell
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you :)

Quoting Mommy_Jenx3:

All you can do is back off for awhile. She just isn't ready to fully commit to it yet. She will get it in time :) Potty training can be stressful as it is for some kids.....it's best not to push it if they aren't going to do it. Good luck!

Ajanee12
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:52 PM

I agree with what the other moms said :)  Just wait and bit and try again.  We did the 3 day method and i went and bought cheap undies for my then 2.5 year old at the time.  Once he got it down we went and he got to pick out all new undies and boxers. he loved that :)  and i bribed.. i know awful but he was trained day and night in 3 days. with M&Ms.  I hope my youngest is that easy :/

lind.shep
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:53 PM
My dd was the same way. I got gummy bears, and told her she would get two for pee, four for poop. She would not get any others treats at all. If she wanted a treat, she had to potty. She was fully potty trained in four days, night time included.

Another thing, do away with the pullups while you are home. Put her in panties and let that be that. When she has an accident let her sit in it for a few minutes, then make her sit on the potty for a while. She will get tired of it real quick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN