Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

kitten lovers get IN here :) your advise is greatly appreciated UPDDATE WITH PICTURES

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:39 PM
  • 32 Replies

I rescued a kitten from a bad home and now totally clueless as to what comes next. The kitten is around a month old. So far. Its been 3 days and ive transitioned the kitten frrom whiskas kitten milk. To beef whiskas pouches. DF is a great flea killer. And the kitten is now flealess. And is eating solid food.

I have 2 xoloescuincle dogs (hairless mexican) WWE have introduced them. The oldest dog hasb adopted it as a puppy. But she is a hunter so she hasnt gained all my trust just yet.

I have purchased a sand box. And she is sleeping. In a basKet.
What else do i need. I hqve never really cared for a kitten and kind of cluless.
I just want to give her a good home because she is beautiful and didnt deserve the bad start she had..

ok so her name is HARU

(above) Iput her on DDs room, and this is her bedroom, she stays here so far :) the ittle house, was a gift i made to my niece 8 years ago, and now it is her bed:)

meeting her new sisters :)

by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rach_mommy
by Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:40 PM
2 moms liked this
Sounds like you're doing ever thing right! Maybe get her a scratch post so she doesn't try to sharpen her claws on your furniture or other things!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JacksMom1221
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:42 PM
3 moms liked this
Toys!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shellyote
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:44 PM
You should look up scent first introduction. And can you post of a pic of the dogs? I would want one, but I live in a cold, wet place.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:45 PM
A laser light kittens and cats go crazy trying to catch the laser dot lol. U are doing everything else right. At 6 weeks you can flea treat. But since she is inside and you already got them all you prob won't have too. They also have really good natural sprays. That work awesome. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Itzy0ll0tl
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Quoting rach_mommy:

Sounds like you're doing ever thing right! Maybe get her a scratch post so she doesn't try to sharpen her claws on your furniture or other things!

thank you :) good idea

I am mobile so i have nooo idea how to upload pics :(
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I would get her some toys! Kittens are so much fun!

Itzy0ll0tl
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Quoting shellyote:

You should look up scent first introduction. And can you post of a pic of the dogs? I would want one, but I live in a cold, wet place.

thx I will look it up tomorrow @ work. I will post picks for u tomorrow...new on mobile versión lol!!!
LucyMom08
by Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I would recommend a vet visit...they will give you the best advice, and the kitten needs an exam and shots...and to get fixed when she's a bit older...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Itzy0ll0tl
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Quoting Fields456:

A laser light kittens and cats go crazy trying to catch the laser dot lol. U are doing everything else right. At 6 weeks you can flea treat. But since she is inside and you already got them all you prob won't have too. They also have really good natural sprays. That work awesome. Good luck

OMG the láser sounds like fun!! Def trying that!!! :)
Itzy0ll0tl
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Quoting LucyMom08:

I would recommend a vet visit...they will give you the best advice, and the kitten needs an exam and shots...and to get fixed when she's a bit older...

DEF doing that on saturday ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)