Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Can this hurt his chances of being hired?

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:06 AM
  • 67 Replies
Dh has no criminal background and has never even gotten a ticket. He's trying to get a job as a corrections officer and he already passed the written test and is taking the physical test September 12th. He had to fill out a bunch of paperwork about his family and their criminal background and his mom has an extensive record. She has been in and out of prison his whole life (he had to add a sheet of paper so he could write down the names of all the prisons and jails she's been in since they required all that info ). They say it won't affect him at all but I'm worried they will look at his mom's background and choose someone else over him. We live in AZ and she's in OH so it's not like she lives nearby but still.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
southernbelle07
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Idk. Here's a bump.

Good luck to hubby.

army_wifey_06
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:10 AM
Thank you!

Quoting southernbelle07:

Idk. Here's a bump.

Good luck to hubby.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chelsea_rh
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:10 AM
Well I live in CA, and my Dad is a parole officer. From what he has told me a person cannot get hired on the force if their parents have records... Might just be here though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
army_wifey_06
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:12 AM
That's what I'm afraid of. They've said it doesn't matter but I still worry. I think it's totally unfair to punish people for their parents mistakes though. It's not like he wasn't punished enough by the kind of "mom" she was. Ugh I guess we will see!

Quoting Chelsea_rh:

Well I live in CA, and my Dad is a parole officer. From what he has told me a person cannot get hired on the force if their parents have records... Might just be here though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this

no idea here is a bump

Chelsea_rh
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree. I never asked why that is taken into account....

Quoting army_wifey_06:

That's what I'm afraid of. They've said it doesn't matter but I still worry. I think it's totally unfair to punish people for their parents mistakes though. It's not like he wasn't punished enough by the kind of "mom" she was. Ugh I guess we will see!

Quoting Chelsea_rh:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amanda2487
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this
If it helps my dh has a record and his mom is a sheriff's deputy and his dad was a officer until he took another job
BShip2010
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe it depends on where you live but I haven't heard of that.  I'm going to school for that, actually, but neither of my parents have records so I haven't looked into it.  I have seen Lockup and it seems like there was one where an inmates dad was an officer.

hazy999
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe just for security clearance purposes? If so, it wont affect him getting hired, of course it would if they find out he lies about any info.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
army_wifey_06
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:45 AM
2 moms liked this
Dh is going to school to get his bachelors in criminal justice right now lol. Guess he should find out for sure haha

Quoting BShip2010:

Maybe it depends on where you live but I haven't heard of that.  I'm going to school for that, actually, but neither of my parents have records so I haven't looked into it.  I have seen Lockup and it seems like there was one where an inmates dad was an officer.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN