Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

if you read 50 shades of grey...

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 2:16 PM
  • 45 Replies
Did anyone else hate it? Christian was so gosh darn controlling that I hated him!!! Seriously, it was like an abusive relationship, just glossed over and romantacized.

Did anybody feel like this or am I just crazy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sam.Marie
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Never read it.... I did see that there is a spoof of sorts for free in the amazon kindle market.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshyne86
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 4:28 PM
7 moms liked this
I loved it... but then again I'm into all that kinky fuckery as he would say lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raye-chan
by Raye on Aug. 10, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I got the first two chapters for free. HATED it. 

ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 4:37 PM

honestly.....i skimmed the book. if i really want to get my jollies off i will go down to my local pron store and buy some good erotica of my choice. im not into the type of relationship they are potraying in the book honestly. and i have no desire to read the books.

ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 4:38 PM

books***

COn8tive
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 4:40 PM
4 moms liked this
You have to read all of them to understand him. I loved it! But I too am into kinky fuckery. If only dh could get into it too lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mickstinator
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

the writing was awful and the characters were shallow and dimensionless. that was my opinion. i am right there with you.

mickstinator
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting COn8tive:

You have to read all of them to understand him. I loved it! But I too am into kinky fuckery. If only dh could get into it too lol.

i do like kinky fuckery. that wasn't the bad part of the book! it was the characters. I don't know. I read quite a bit, so maybe it just wasn't as well developed as I prefer.

nerdymom28
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Yeah...didn't love it.

Nunyabusiness
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 5:18 PM

I felt like that. I just hated how he was written to be this dreamy over protective excellent lover.

He was a freak. A psycho controlling one. He was stalkerish which was joked in the book but that is NOT a good thing! Um no. The first book was terrible, I couldn't even bring myself to read the next book.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)