Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

bumbo recall

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:47 AM
  • 240 Replies
4 moms liked this
I just read this... :(
But I love my Bumbo :(

http://www.recall.bumbousa.com/

Sorry its not clicky

*add on*
I just wanted to say that I agree that its because of the idiot parents too. I never walked away from my child when he was in it. I also always had it on the floor and against the couch or something. It's common sense to keep you eyes on the child especially since the bumbo has no restraining belt. I said it was a loss cuz I was about to sell mine. But because of the recall I have a feeling mo one would want it :(

*update*

Sorry I left the site for like 6hrs and I have like 100+ new replies...lol so I can't answer to each and one of them but here it is

1) I'm aware that I can order the FREE repair kit. My dh actually placed an order for it today. I'm on vaca with the kids.

2) yes this is happening because some people have no common sense.

3) I have yet to have a prob with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gealach
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:49 AM
6 moms liked this

August 15, 2012 – Bumbo International Trust is conducting a voluntary recall to add a restraint belt and new warnings to the Bumbo® Baby Seat. Infants can maneuver out of or fall from the seat, posing a risk of serious injuries. Working closely with the CPSC, Bumbo has determined that the potential safety issue can be readily corrected in the home by adding a restraint belt. In addition, Bumbo is providing a new warning sticker for consumers to attach to the seat to re-emphasize existing warnings against use of the seat on any raised surfaces.

Consumers should stop using their Bumbo Baby Seats immediately, and complete the order form to obtain a free Repair Kit. The kit includes a belt with a new warning sticker, installation instructions, proper use instructions and a new warning sticker. There is no need for consumers to return the Bumbo Baby Seats.

Consumers should take the following actions in conjunction with this voluntary recall:

• Install and always use the restraint belt.
  • Apply the new warning sticker over the existing warning on the back of the Bumbo Baby Seat.
  • Follow all usage instructions and never use the Bumbo Baby Seat on any raised surface.
  • Discontinue use of Bumbo seat cover accessories that interfere with installation of the restraint belt.

Gealach
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Is your product included in this recall?

The Bumbo® Baby Seats were sold in the United States by retailers including Target, Wal-Mart, Sears, Toys"R"Us, Babies"R"Us, USA Babies and various other toy and childrens stores nationwide, and various online sellers. The seats were sold in various colors from August 2003 through August 2012 for between $30-50.

If you are a US resident, and have determined that you have one of the affected seats, please stop using the seat immediately, and complete the Repair Kit order form by clicking the blue bar below. For residents of Canada, please visit bumbocanada.com, email info@bumbocanada.com or call 1-866-477-5144 toll-free. For residents outside the US and Canada, please email info@bumbo.co.za.

The product subject to the recall can be identified in several ways:

• On the front of the seat in raised lettering is the word "Bumbo" with the image of an elephant on top.
  • The bottom of the seat has the following words: "Manufactured by Bumbo South Africa Material: Polyurethane World Patent No. PCT: ZA/1999/00030." The back of the seat has several warnings, and seats manufactured since 2008 also have warnings on the front of the seat against use on raised surfaces.
ConnorMom228
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:50 AM
34 moms liked this
People refuse to use it properly and put a child on an elevated surface. Even tho it warns not to on the seat. If you leave it on the floor then there's no real risk of injury.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DOllfACE-
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:52 AM
10 moms liked this

Why were the recalled again? I always heard they were dangerous but That's because idiot parents would put baby on a table and walk away lol

usmcwife.mommy2
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Oh mine is always on the floor. I also have the booster seat that I can strap onto the chair at the dining table so its not a big loss to me. But i just had to share the info :)

Quoting ConnorMom228:

People refuse to use it properly and put a child on an elevated surface. Even tho it warns not to on the seat. If you leave it on the floor then there's no real risk of injury.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmcwife.mommy2
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:54 AM
It says that parents reported that their kids wiggled out and hurt them selves.lol

Quoting DOllfACE-:

Why were the recalled again? I always heard they were dangerous but That's because idiot parents would put baby on a table and walk away lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DOllfACE-
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 10:01 AM
13 moms liked this

...wiggled out? my DS barley could be lifted out of that thing it was so snug LOL

Quoting usmcwife.mommy2:

It says that parents reported that their kids wiggled out and hurt them selves.lol

Quoting DOllfACE-:

usmcwife.mommy2
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine too!

Quoting DOllfACE-:

...wiggled out? my DS barley could be lifted out of that thing it was so snug LOL

Quoting usmcwife.mommy2:

Quoting DOllfACE-:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Amanda
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 10:58 AM
6 moms liked this

Yes, injuries have been reported even when the seat is in use on the floor - I guess the safety belt modification is meant to prevent babies from arching their backs and expelling themselves from the seat and onto the floor.

super_mom_5
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 11:02 AM
26 moms liked this

when their kids can wiggle out of the seat, than most likely its time to find a new seat for the kid, imo. when i had a bumbo seat i sat it on the floor. but when my son got to wear he could get out of it than i got rid of the seat. i used the bumbo seat mainly to sit my son up when he couldnt sit up very good to play on the floor or to eat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN