Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Baby cries all the time except when i hold him. what to do?

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:08 PM
  • 31 Replies
Hi, i'm a new mom and I'm recently married, living in New York, I moved here from Russia and I'm studying english here, I love the country!

I just had a baby. He is 2 months old today, and he cries most of the time, except when I hold him in my arms. I'm told he's spoiled, since the doctor says that he is in good health and he eats normally. He does not seem to have pain or fever, but I can't change rooms without him starting to cry. It seems he doesn't like to be alone *ever* and he doesn't let me do virtually anything, I can't cook, take a shower etc. because he starts crying right away and I can't do anything at all.

Any ideas? what to do? sometimes i'm desperate and I don't know what to do with this situation. my husband is working most of the time so he is only home at night and by then I'm a nervous wreck with all the crying, I can't sleep because the baby needs to be fed every 2-3 hours, and he also needs to be changed often, I forgot when was the last time i SLEPT!

Thanks for your ideas as to how can this situation be fixed!

Nadya
From New York
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Liz132
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

That's pretty much what little babies do. Have you tried baby wearing? That's what I do to help get stuff done. Your baby is only going to be little for such a short time, try to enjoy it, it's okay if you don't get everything done right now.

SamsMama24
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I agree with this. I was always holding or wearing my son at that age. Enjoy while you can, he'll be walking before you know it.

Quoting Liz132:

That's pretty much what little babies do. Have you tried baby wearing? That's what I do to help get stuff done. Your baby is only going to be little for such a short time, try to enjoy it, it's okay if you don't get everything done right now.

sucker4myloves
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I would like to tell you to let him cry when you need to do something important, but I would be full of shit. When my son was that little, I got one of those carriers you strapped on and wore the baby on your chest. They have a really comfy, cool one called the moby wrap, much neater than those like I had. But I never had the money for one. As for the shower....you gotta be clean at some point! Either shower when hubs is home or put a bouncer seat on the bathroom floor, stick baby in it and let him cry while you bathe. Good luck. It gets better....kinda. ;)

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

chocolat-smiles
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:18 PM

My DD is 13 months old and she is still this way!! LIfe gets stressful at times but i tell myself that she'll grow out of this soon. GL!

Chelsea_rh
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:27 PM
He is not spoiled. He needs mommy. I agree you should wear baby. Also if you have a swing or a bouncer they can work wonders. At 2 months old baby needs to be comforted..it gets better though..good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cabrandy03
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this

You cannot spoil a baby that young.  He's brand new to this world and you are the only familiar person to him, it's very normal for him to feel most comfortable in your arms.  Maybe try getting a wrap, a sling, or some sort of baby carrier so you can just wear him while you get other things done.  Otherwise just hang in there, it's normal baby behavior, he will naturally develop more independence on his own as he gets older.

happymommy1105
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Hold him .

He is tiny and needs you. you make him feel safe and loved.

There will be plenty of times you want to hold him and he won't let you when he is older.

Enjoy your time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.m.r.
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:46 PM

This is so true. My daughter is almost 16 months old and I'm lucky if I get cuddles once a week :( I have to force love on her lol. I would suggest a carrier. I know at this stage when people tell you to enjoy it you feel like they're crazy, but honestly enjoy this bonding while it lasts. I know it is enough to drive anyone nuts, but trust me when I say once that little one starts moving, the cuddles and huggles will be fewer and farther between. Also a bouncy seat is a life saver at that age! Especially when you desperately need a shower! Good luck! It will get better I promise!

Quoting happymommy1105:

Hold him .

There will be plenty of times you want to hold him and he won't let you when he is older.

Enjoy your time.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Aug. 15, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Exactly. There is no way to spoil a baby.

Quoting happymommy1105:

Hold him .

Enjoy your time.

TattoodMommy19
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 10:02 PM
You cannot spoil an infant.
Hold him. Baby wearing worked for me with my clinger. My oldest didn't like being held too much unless she was nursing or sleepy. My 8 month old is more high strung and wants constant physical contact. Get a good sling it will be a life saver.
:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)