Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I feel horrible (tmi/gross) ** UPDATE **

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:25 AM
  • 16 Replies
UPDATE** I finally got ahold of the nurse and until she asked, I didn't even realize I hadn't gone pee at all. She told me to go into the emergency room. They started me on IV fluids and I was so dehydrated, I couldn't give them a urine sample until the 2nd bag was half empty. They gave me 2 doses of a med to get rid of my nausea, and when that didn't work, they switched to a different one. I forget the names, but neither of them worked. So my obgyn decided I needed to stay overnight for observation. Thanks for all the advice! Just wanted to give a quick update before I attempt to sleep. =]

I have the flu. I've only thrown up twice, but I've had the worst diarrhea since 1 AM yesterday. It's like water. (sorry if you're reading this during breakfast)

I'm getting worried, though. I've been having these horrible stomach cramps since yesterday morning. It's like this stabbing/knotting feeling that makes me double over in pain. I'm concerned because I'm pregnant - 10 weeks. Should I call the doctor, or just chalk it up to the flu and let it go?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LogansMommy0328
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Call your doctor you don't wanna risk it. Feel better soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids732
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I personally would call the DR... thats just me though... Although there isnt much they can do for the flu... but if you are dehydrated they can help... good luck babe

CrimsonGrace
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Call the doctor, dehydration during pregnancy can be serious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
weezer_cookie
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I would call. Remember to keep up on fluids. Don't take anything to bind you up, you need to get all of that nasty stuff out of your system. I hope you feel better soon. That sucks :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krystyneh
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Definitely call ur doctor to be on the safe side :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeghanPerez
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Nope. Originally I thought I had food poisoning, but we all ate the same thing and dh and the kids are fine.

Quoting halliebug:

You haven't eaten the apples at mc ds or bk have you? They were recalled becaus of a possible listeria contamination
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KNSmommyof2
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this
That happened to me when I was pregnant with my daughter. When I went to the dr I was told I was dehydrated, had pneumonia and my daughter was under a lot of stress and I was having contractions. Hope you feel better soon...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyMommy24
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Call the doctor! Never let it go during a pregnancy. :) Good luck, feel better!

MeghanPerez
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 11:35 AM
I've called 4 times and left 2 messages for the nurse explaining what's going on. My obgyn is the only one in the county, so I'm hoping to hear back from them soon.

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

Call the doctor! Never let it go during a pregnancy. :) Good luck, feel better!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rpowers12
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Call doc!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)