Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms
My almost 13 week old baby has a fever of 101.1. I don't have any mess right now but have a cold wet towel on his forehead and no covers on him and hes in just a onsie right now but is there anything else I should do?

Just took his temp again and its down to 100.3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Replies (11-20):
Paperfishies
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 4:02 PM
2 moms liked this
For a child that young you need to call his doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chryssiecakes
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 4:03 PM
lol so true! I've seen posts and replies that are a little crazy but I haven't been on here long enough to experience it personally.

Quoting ilovemykids732:

ya never know... some of the people on here are a little crazy!! :)

Quoting chryssiecakes:

Haha okay. That's why I said IF she decides. lol seriously. I'm sure she has a mind of her own and wont give her baby all these meds because someone on a forum mentioned it.

Quoting ilovemykids732:

the baby is still way to little to give meds to... 13 WEEKS...

Quoting chryssiecakes:

With a baby that young I wouldn't hesitate and go to the doctor. Better be safe than sorry IMO. My daughter is 16 months and whenever she has a fever I give her children's tylenol. If you decide to use that Google the weight and dosage info and go by that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 4:04 PM
Oh and armpit temp is not accurate, you usually have to add a degree...the only accurate temp is taking a babies temperature anally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 4:05 PM
put him in a lukewarm bath...that can help bring it down too. but if the fever doesn't seem to want to stay down definitely call and ask the dr.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StrangeDays
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 4:06 PM
If you are nursing, drink 3-5 cups of chamomile tea (it breaks a fever, soothes upset tummies, calms, and helps sleep), it will pass through your milk and baby's fever will break. If you are formula feeding, mix the formula with a very mild chamomile tea (only let it steep for about 3 minutes, and cool to normal water-formula-mixing temp). Just do not give it if tylenol was also given. It worked wonders for my kiddos- still does!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_desi
An ice pack on the wrist it always brings my kids fever down was fast and keeps it there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids732

I have been... some people take things literally... and I just wanted to make sure she was aware that it could REALLY harm her baby if she gives her lil one meds at this age...

Quoting chryssiecakes:

lol so true! I've seen posts and replies that are a little crazy but I haven't been on here long enough to experience it personally.

Quoting ilovemykids732:

ya never know... some of the people on here are a little crazy!! :)

Quoting chryssiecakes:

Haha okay. That's why I said IF she decides. lol seriously. I'm sure she has a mind of her own and wont give her baby all these meds because someone on a forum mentioned it.

Quoting ilovemykids732:

the baby is still way to little to give meds to... 13 WEEKS...

Quoting chryssiecakes:

With a baby that young I wouldn't hesitate and go to the doctor. Better be safe than sorry IMO. My daughter is 16 months and whenever she has a fever I give her children's tylenol. If you decide to use that Google the weight and dosage info and go by that.

MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 4:07 PM
This.

Quoting beco8627:

For a baby that young, I would call the Dr if their temp reaches over 100. I've never experienced my babes getting fevers that little though...they're first fevers happened after 6 months. Since you can't give a 13 week old tylenol, then I would call the Dr to check what you can do

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_desi
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 4:08 PM
You add a degree for underarm, minus a degree for butt and mouth can't really do on a baby.

Quoting Paperfishies:

Oh and armpit temp is not accurate, you usually have to add a degree...the only accurate temp is taking a babies temperature anally.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pteranodon
by Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 4:09 PM

What is his rectal temp?

Quoting shauna.robinson:

So I've been using the washcloth off and on since early this morning, and his temp keeps going up and down. Right now its 99.5 (underarm), lowest was 98.7 and highest was 101.1 (underarm) when I first noticed he was warm and checked. K so now my question is should I just call his Dr and take him in or are we low enough to wait it put for now. He doesn't act like its bothering him and he has nothing else going on just the fever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)