Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

She's the grandmom, not mom. Vent!!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 1:57 PM
  • 10 Replies
I'm am beyond sick & tired of my kids running to my mom everytime they are in trouble. I can't discipline them because she steps in the middle or they run And say "Teeta mommy is being mean to me." I'm 23 and your mom, what the hell are you telling on me for? She always says the kids are bad at times. Um lady You don't let them get disciplined. She's super save a grand child. I am back living w/ her because I go to Army basic training in Oct and she will be caring for my children with the help of my husband, but sheesh let me be a damn parent!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hello_kitty25
by Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:00 PM
My mom does that and I live 35 miles from her! You gotta grab em before they run! I tell my dd to go to her room if my mom is over here. Or sometimes my mom will yell at dd when I don't think she deserves it. So I gotta tell her off. Right in front of dd sometimes so she knows who's boss.
I think grandparents like to be in charge sometimes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supernoodle2
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:03 PM
My mom is like that my oldest can do no wrong ob her eyes and gets away with murder at my moms. I get told how I am too strict from my mother, we butt heads a lot with my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:04 PM
ugggg my damn mother does that shit too! i limit them very very much from seeing her and her husband. i hate that bs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BritnieMichelle
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Wanted to give some sort of advice but these situations are always different depending on the family. I will say I'm sorry and that I feel your pain. My Mom forgets to let me be a Mom sometimes too and it pisses me off but I just try to tell her kindly that she needs to stop or she'll turn my kid into a brat. Same goes for her aunt. I can't blame them though. It's hard to get mad at child or see them get in trouble when you only have to deal with their sweet side. I know it's aggrivating but just know that she only does it because she loves them so much and she doesn't have to be the parent this time around.

MsMikeyy
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:14 PM
It annoys me so bad like shut up. She favors my son (the oldest) over my daughter because I had him at 17 but he's beyond spoiled and I actually can't wait to get stationed out of Virginia.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3babiesofmyown
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:15 PM
I hear ya! Same exact problems here. Sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:18 PM
I think that is a very common grandparent issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LittleBeanie
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:19 PM

My mom does that with my kids as well! So frustrating.

mstevens10
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:20 PM
If she doesn't get on board your kids will run wild while your in basic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof11050307
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:21 PM
I spent the summer at my moms house and she did this the entire time. We had knock out drag out fights about it. Apparently I'm horrible because I don't clean up their messes and take things away from them when they smart mouth me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)