Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Listen to this !!

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:23 AM
  • 7 Replies

I was next door talking with my neighbor   about housework and  i told her that my boyfriend wouldnt do the dshes yesterday  when i asked him and that i only asked him to do that one thing to try and help me   and she said "  why dont you do them thats a womans place is to cook and do dishes "   is it wrong to be pissed  or should i just expect it from some people?

by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
eringlading
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Some ppl truly believe that. That crap doesn't fly in my house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HaileysMom07180
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:45 AM
2 moms liked this

doesn't fly in mine either.  my dh does the dishes and the bathroom cuz those are the 2 things I hate to do.  I'm a sahm, but that doesn't mean I have to do everything,  dh still has to help clean on his days off.  He actually works less hours a week than I do and he gets paid.

Quoting eringlading:

BrownEyedGirl86
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:45 AM
That's how she feels And she is entitled to her own opinion

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms.sophsmom
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Yep this.. Yesterday i was talking to a co worker who was saying he made his wife leave their wedding reception so they could watch football (he got married in the early 70's i believe) i was just shocked and explained to him tht things aren't really like tht anymore and he couldn't fathom it lol.

Quoting eringlading:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bookmom88
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:01 AM

i think its a good thing for each partner to pick something that he or she knows the other dont like to do or  that is difficult for the other to do and trade chores to help each other but maybe not everyone thinks that way .... i know some people thinks the woman should take care of the kids ,housecleaning,cooking and errands too  i mean im a pretty cool gal  but im not super woman  

Mz.perales
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:11 AM
My hubby helps me with the house regardless if i want to do it or not :) expecially im taking it easy with this pregancy .. i love him he helps with everything .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sumannie
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:12 AM
well where i live my husband does the chores and stuff and i mostly take care of the kids but i offer to help and rarely he will let me help but thats bc he cant really handle the kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)