Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Some days are better than others ... young mom venting.

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 11:55 PM
  • 9 Replies

This is kind of hard for me to open up about, normally I'm a strong person and I hate admitting when I'm upset, but I just need to vent.... 

My S/O and I are expecting our son this December. But until then S/O is working on contract until the end of the year as well as finishing his last semester...So we are slightly forced into a long distance relationship...

It's tolerable, I stay busy with school and work and baby things to keep my mind off of how sad it makes me feel...

Some days, usually later in the evening when everyone has gone to bed it gets hard, and with my hormones on a surge, I start to cry. It's worse over the phone with S/O bc he hates this just as much (if not more) than I do, and can't stand me upset...

What's worse is there are old friends of ours he lives near, and they are in a relationship, and when they are around him they flaunt how they live together and see each other all the time but can't stand being away from each other...very frustrating....and they are the reason we are not talking tonight(a few minor circumstances of S/O wanting to be a good host). 

Tonight is one of those nights where I just want to hear S/O's voice before bed, and tomorrow and Thursday our work schedule's conflict so we can't talk until Friday....

He wants to be here for me and the baby during my appointments but he can't.. I know he'd love to hear the heartbeat and hasn't yet... 

It's a minor set back, but some days are harder than others...and this is definitely a hard day...

Thanks for reading. 

by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
stayathomemo271
by Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 11:59 PM
2 moms liked this
My so was working on the road when I was prego I recorded the heart beat on my phone and sent it to him to try and include him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FoxTales
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry :( that would be really hard. Have you tried Skype? It's free! And then at least you could maybe feel a little closer, and maybe he'd even be lucky enough to see his son moving around... good luck!!

LancesMom
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

hugs

Denecia
by Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this
It sucks. My husband was deployed during my first pregnancy. I had to go to all visits by myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CutieCrab
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this
*hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rach0307
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 11:13 AM
I'm sorry, hun. My DH is in the military, and was deployed during my 3rd trimester and didn't meet our son until he was 2 and a half months old, so I know how you feel. Hang in there, and it will all be worth it when he's back with you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyRose06
by Tiffany on Aug. 22, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I'm sorry, I haven't been in your shoes but it sounds rough. Stay strong, and hubby needs to tell those friends to zip their lips. They're being a tad bit rude imo. You've joined a good group for support. Welcome :)

MrsErdos2011
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:04 PM

As far as the baby's heartbeat goes, record it and send it to him. I understand your pain. When I was pregnant with my son my husband was an otr truck driver. I sent him pictures of my belly every week and a sound clip of our sons heartbeat. He was also gone when our son was born but he was on the phone for the entire thing and still got to hear his first cries.

KristaElizabeth
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Thank you all for your positive words it's only a short time before S/O and I will move in an the baby will be here (Dec)
It's a nice feeling that I am not alone.
As for military women I commend you all for being able to stay string during this time of your lives

Xoxo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)