Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She quit her job because of me!!!

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:43 PM
  • 10 Replies

I just found out a few minutes ago that a co-worker of mine just quit her job.....and it was because of me!

Now this girl will call out of work for anything.....she's even called out because she shut her finger in her car door. She's also 3 or 4 months pregnant, and planning on an abortion ( which honestly has nothing to do with this, it just pisses me off ). Anyway. The last time this girl called out was because she was sick, and throwing up. She did NOT bring in a doctors note ( even though she KNOWS when you call out of work, you are required to bring in a note ), so she got suspended for one week. This is not the first time it had happened, and she has been warned many times that if she called out again, and didn't bring in a note from a doctor, she would be either suspended or fired.

Monday I was called into work 30 minutes early so a co-worker could go to her doctors appointment. I was sicker than all hell, but I went in anyway, cause we are extremely short staffed right now. When I got to work, one of my friends called the manager and told her how sick I was.  Within just a couple hours, I was being sent home because I was so sick. I had already began vomitting, and was extremely dizzy, so much to the point of I couldn't stand up.

I went to the doctor as soon as I left work, and was told I have the flu. They put me off work for 2 days and I have the doctors note, and I know for a fact that they have notified my manager to let her know what all went on.  I go back to work tomorrow at 7 in the morning, and am so looking forward to it. I feel so much better than I did 2 days ago.

A friend of mine, who is a co-worker, just called me and told me that the pregnant girl quit because of me! She said that the girl told her that she didn't think it was fair that I got to keep my job when I wasn't even sick, and she got suspended for a week when she really was sick. First off, my mananger is the one who sent me home, along with the owner, and several customers who went and told the manager how sick I was. The manager wanted me to call someone to get me, because she didn't want me driving. They SAW how sick I was. The other girl? The last time she called out she was seen a few hours later at a BAR, dancing and doing kareoke!!!!!!

I guess she figures that the manager is playing favourites....I don't know. How could she think that it isn't fair, when she calls out once a week over something stupid, and NEVER has a note, and I get sent home because several people are telling my manager I'm sick, I have a doctor's note, and I know the manager knows what all went on at the doctors office? Personally, I'm glad the girl quit.

by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gastromama2007
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this
It's cuz you're a huge meanie and she doesn't wanna work wif u no more. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maryjmom
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:47 PM

lol

I guess that's a good reason. I did kinda go off on her a couple weeks ago....but the manager and owner said I could, and they also gave another co-worker permission to do it too!!

Quoting Gastromama2007:

It's cuz you're a huge meanie and she doesn't wanna work wif u no more. :(

kellysparkles
by Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Well since she quit now she can't get unemployment...don't know how she'll afford that abortion! lol

Better workplace for you now!  Glad you're feeling better :)

maryjmom
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Quoting kellysparkles:

Well since she quit now she can't get unemployment...don't know how she'll afford that abortion! lol

I was always under the impression that doctors won't do an abortion after 3 months along. Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought if you were that far along, they would have to put you into labor? I don't know. I've never had an abortion, and never will.

Thanks! This is the first time I've EVER had the flu, and OMG it sucks ass big time!!!!! I've never felt so bad in my life! I honestly felt like I was dying! I do feel alot better today. Work wanted to put me off for the rest of the week, but I couldn't do that. Rather, I couldn't afford to do that. I got the all clear from my doctor yesterday to come back to work and I'm so happy. I hate being stuck in the house! LOL

kellysparkles
by Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I'm not a pro on the rules of abortion either, so I'm unsure...I'm not going to google it either lol.

Yeah the flu sucks horrible - DH got it when get got back from Japan (he' s military) and I made him go stay with his dad because I was just about to graduate from college and couldn't afford to get sick lol.  His step mom is a nurse so she could handle it lol. 

Quoting maryjmom:

Quoting kellysparkles:

I was always under the impression that doctors won't do an abortion after 3 months along. Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought if you were that far along, they would have to put you into labor? I don't know. I've never had an abortion, and never will.

Thanks! This is the first time I've EVER had the flu, and OMG it sucks ass big time!!!!! I've never felt so bad in my life! I honestly felt like I was dying! I do feel alot better today. Work wanted to put me off for the rest of the week, but I couldn't do that. Rather, I couldn't afford to do that. I got the all clear from my doctor yesterday to come back to work and I'm so happy. I hate being stuck in the house! LOL

TiffanyRose06
by Tiffany on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:11 PM

We have several people like that at my job :/ Drives me nuts! I also got sent home one time because of how sick I was. I didn't want to put the others behind so I came in that morning even though I was up every hour puking the previous night. Your workplace doesn't need a person like her. Hopefully the next one they hire will be better. The flu is a bitch, glad you're getting over it :D

TexasWife
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Well, now you don't have to pick up her slack because she called in. You will be picking up the slack because she quit though. Be funny if she tries to come back.

Megankae
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:52 AM
I think 20 weeks is the cut off in most states. But I'm not super sure, it might be 16.

PS the flu is the worst thing ever, I haven't had it in years and I'm counting my blessings. There was a huge out break of it last winter (on our base) and we were the lucky ones who didn't get it.

Quoting kellysparkles:

I'm not a pro on the rules of abortion either, so I'm unsure...I'm not going to google it either lol.

Yeah the flu sucks horrible - DH got it when get got back from Japan (he' s military) and I made him go stay with his dad because I was just about to graduate from college and couldn't afford to get sick lol.  His step mom is a nurse so she could handle it lol. 

Quoting maryjmom:

Quoting kellysparkles:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
icecoldcoffee
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 10:43 AM
What kind of place do you work at that allows you to "go off" on co-workers & allows other people to call and tell your manager that you sick? That is weird to me.

It seems like this girl was just looking for a reason to go, wether it was quitting or being fired. Be happy she's gone!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Itzy0ll0tl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I think she used you as an excue to not have to work anymore...

so sad,, por baby thats inside of her, if he cant even make an effort to have a job while pregnant..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)