Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Okay, someone else posted this, but I feel the same way...

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 5:21 PM
  • 6 Replies

I got pregnant with my son at 19, never had any symptoms except for missed period, everything was going amazingly until 31 weeks when I went into preterm labor. They were able to stop them, but it was just scary enough for me. I was good until 38 weeks when water broke :) I went into hospital and of course I was waiting and being in labor, but I only dilated to 1 in a matter of 12 hours so they did pitocen (sp?) and in a matter of couple hours, I dilated to 4-5, but every time I had a contraction, his heart rate went under a 100 so she said emergency c section. I instantly started crying and they took me down to OR. They got him out and when he came out he was black with a tinge of blue and purple. After they got the cord off his neck which was 3 times and once around his arm, they took him upstairs and I got stitched up. My doctor told me after I got up there that if he would have been born 20 min later, I wouldn't have my son today. So things healed alright except ripping out stitches after 3 weeks, but now even though I just started dating my boyfriend, my son will be 3 and if I got pregnant, I'd be so afraid of going through all that again. She said she would let me do a vbac, but what if that falls through? We don't want a baby right now, but if it were to happen, I'm not sure if how I would react. Am I overreacting or are these feelings okay to think? I was also very very depressed after he was born because I didn't a c section, but I know that if I didn't, I would have had to a funeral already with a child that is my world!

by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
coupon_ash_back
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Cross that bridge when you get threre. You said you don't want a baby right now, so why worry about the what ifs?

It's natural to be scared, but just because one birth ended that way, it doesn't mean the second or third will.

Try the vbac, you never know.

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Since you know you could be considered high risk, it's likely the doctor will be doing monitor your pregnancy more often than the usual. 

Good luck.

polkaspots
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 3:07 AM
Being worried is normal. It would be weird if you weren't worried. If and when you do become pregnant again, monitor everything extra closely. Especially towards the end. Just because it happened last time, doesn't mean it will happen again. But now you know what to look for.
3babiesofmyown
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 3:16 AM
My 1st was an emergency c section. Because it was scary I wanted everything planned the 2nd time around. And because I had 2 c sections my 3rd pretty much had to be. That's when I found out my uterus is too thin to have anymore children. I got my tubes tied yesterday because a 4th baby is too dangerous. Now I'm happy with 3 children. I'm content with everything that happened. But know that 3 c sections is usually the limit. I don't regret what I did but you may want to strongly consider a vbac.

But as for right now that's nothing to worry about. My 2nd pregnancy was a whole lot different than my 1st. A lot better in fact. Just enjoy what u have for now and cross that bridge when it comes. Although worry is normal. But resist the urge to worry so much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FootballFan12
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:22 AM

I absolutely agree.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Since you know you could be considered high risk, it's likely the doctor will be doing monitor your pregnancy more often than the usual. 

Good luck.

MAJL2009
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Thank you :) I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one with c sections even though I am the only one out of my friends and I feel alone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN