Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Jealous much??

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 6:14 PM
  • 27 Replies

recently as in the last 6 months to a year my aunt has changed. she has a 2 year old daughter and for some reason she likes to compair her daughter to my 3 year old son. basically she ties to say my son is "dumb" because he doesnt talk as much as her daughter and isnt potty training like her. my son is very smart and tho he doesnt talk as much as her daughter does due to the fact that he is not around other kids too often. it seems like everything is a compitition to her she tries to race. it really is pissing me off to the point were i dont talk to her anymore and we used to talk evey day. it seems like she always has something she is trying to compair my son to. What should i do???

by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bugdoodle313
by Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Honestly, I would just brush it off... for some reason she needs to make herself feel better. Just be the bigger person and ignore her.

cnlsmommy
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this
She is just one of "those" moms. It's really sad when people get like that. It's natural to want to talk about milestones your child reaches, but some people take it to far. If you are that close maybe you can tell her it hurts your feelings and you don't want to discuss it anymore. If not, either tell her off (as nice as you can, lol) or avoid her. It's harder when it's family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tami_n_joe
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 6:31 PM

I try my hardest to brush it off its just the constant my daughter does this does your son really hurts me. i want to put her in her place but not in a way that will be mean.

Quoting bugdoodle313:

Honestly, I would just brush it off... for some reason she needs to make herself feel better. Just be the bigger person and ignore her.

prdmomnarmywife
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 6:33 PM
I would just stop speaking to her ,if it's bothering you .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sucker4myloves

Oh gosh, I hate hate HATE it when moms and aunts do this. No joke, a friend of mine who doesn't have a kid compares her niece to my son. It is so stupid. Next time she calls and starts to do it, tell her "Look lady, have you noticed a trend of me not answering your calls? It's because you keep trying to compare our children. If you can't refrain from pitting the babies against eachother, then kindly do not call."

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

tami_n_joe

thats what i try to do but when i start telling her how i feel she continues to compair. it has come to were i dont wanna talk or have anything to do with her. I just dont understand why she has to be like that and ruin ou relationship we shared.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Stfu. Smh.

Ignore her and tell her howyou feel. Tell her don't compare kids, they all learn at different paces

Quoting mcr17:

Learn to spell

Mami2oneboy
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 6:36 PM
That's annoying I hate it when people do that. I would politely tell her to stop comparing her daughter to my son, they're different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tami_n_joe
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 6:36 PM

yeah it is very hard, she is my aunt and everyone ALWAYS feels so sorry for her for some reason. everytime i try to discuss her not comparing my DS and her DD she starts bragging about something else her DD does now. I have told her time and time again that every kid learns at there own pace and its just like im talking to a wall. i have just been avoiding her but they she goes and tells everyone i am mad at her and she gets all "depressed"

Quoting cnlsmommy:

She is just one of "those" moms. It's really sad when people get like that. It's natural to want to talk about milestones your child reaches, but some people take it to far. If you are that close maybe you can tell her it hurts your feelings and you don't want to discuss it anymore. If not, either tell her off (as nice as you can, lol) or avoid her. It's harder when it's family.

Meg2011425
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 6:37 PM
My step mom is comparing and making fun of my 3.5 year old. Today my son peed his pants on accident, but he's still learning. She started making fun of him. Really? You supposed to be his grandma. I am beginning to just ignore her. I had to walk a mile with my son because I was so angry.

I'd just try to talk to her or ignore her!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BreastyMommy
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 6:38 PM

tell her how u feel!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)