Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Be honest (Girl Scout related)...

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 8:28 PM
  • 7 Replies

How much does life suck, when it's time to sell cookies? I HATE fundraising and VERY fortunately for us, our DD's school doesn't do fundraisers; but, I signed her up to be a Daisy Scout, and selling cookies is obviously inevitable.

My friend has a daughter in a different troop, and she said that they've (the troop) opted out of selling cookies this year, because last year was such a nightmare...eek!

by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SweetPea2004
by Natalia on Aug. 25, 2012 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Daisy's in our council can only sell with an older troop at booths and for a limited amount of time. My girls are 2nd yr Brownies and we do fall product and cookies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 8:33 PM

When I was in Girl Scouts,it wasn't such a huge thing like it is these days!My daughter is old enough to be a Brownie now and I'm almost afraid to sign her up in fear of cookie selling time,lol.

Simple-Beauty
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 8:37 PM
* Life not like lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by Amber on Aug. 25, 2012 at 8:49 PM
I would rather do GS cookies than the fundraising we do for football/cheer ugh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoahandEliza
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this
The Girl Scouts in my area don't set up booths, so you actually have to know one or have one come to your neighborhood to get cookies. Sooo...when cookie time comes, let me know and I'll take care of your problem!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephB060811
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 8:53 PM

All we did was sell to family we didnt go door to door and i dont think we will this year either. maybe when she is older we might.

Simple-Beauty
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Well, our troop leader actually lives in my subdivision, and it's not that big, so we probably won't attempt door-to-door sales.

Do you know if they set a requirement?

We opted out of fundraising for swim team this year by making a cash donation to the team, I kinda wish we could do the same with Daisy Scouts...but I imagine GS Cookies will be MUCH easier to sell than the cookie dough the swim team sold.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)