Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms
How old were your babies before you had them wear jewelry (necklace, earrings..)?

And how old were your baby girls when you had their ears pierced? I get a lot of comments because my dd doesn't have jer ears pierced yet (she is 14 months). I kinda like the idea of waiting for her to ask to have her ears pierced.

What do you think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Replies (21-30):
mk08
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:02 AM

my mom waited until i was old enough to ask and so will i with my dd, shes 2 1/2. she has play earrings and she always says oooo mama so pretty! its cute, but i still want her to ask when shes older.

as far as necklaces, it just depends on the kid. some are more responible than others. guess it just depnds on your dd.

catherine_b
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 6:05 PM
Thanks! The choking hazard was on my mind..it'd be a good idea to tru something else first.

Quoting CMart305:

I think it's better to wait until they ask about ears.  I got mine at 8y/o and will prob wait that long before I get them for my daughter if she wants them.  As for the necklace, I would say whenever it won't be a choking hazard and they won't lose it, especially if it has sentimental value to you.  I would prob get her some "practice" jewelry to start out with.That way is something happens to it, it's not a big deal

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catherine_b
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 6:09 PM
Thanks ladies! Guess I am not THAT weird after all. I still get a lot of comments.. But you helped me make my mind. I hope it will be a little bonding experience for my daughter and I when she is ready for it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockabillybetty
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 6:21 PM
Im with u on the ear piercing my daughter is 4 now an ppl still ask me why im like "pffft thats her choice not mine!" My mom got her a 7 bracelet set when she was two but they were too big..granted theyre connected with a lil diamond heart hangin onit she still hasnt worn them A.shes 4 and loves playing outside 2.how long till she gets stuk on somethin and bends then breaks them or the lil diamond peice falls off and C. They can be stolen from her or get lost soo im gona wait and wait until she is redy im not gna decorate her lol shes adventurous too adventerous and yea i think of alot of things that just spoil ppls ideas sometimes lol but gotta think of All possiblities wat mite be thot as a good idea mite not be or can be we dnt kno..so ill wait until she knows the meaning of responsability :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vinterland
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:54 PM

I don't think it's necessary for them to be pierced so young or wear jewelry, I'd wait too. I have a boy though so never thought about that much, haha.

maddiesmommy5
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I waited and let my dd get her ears pierced when she asked. at about 4yrs old. she was so proud of them and didnt even shed a tear. when we have another lo we will do this agian if we have a girl. also by 6 months (boy or girl) will wear a raw baltic amber teething necklace while awake.

EmmaZate
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:06 PM
My dd had her ears pierces at 7 months
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chloemom531
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:20 PM
I got my daughter ears piercerd when she was 2 mos....i got her a gold bracelet and some earings wit her name in them for xmas next mnth....as longs as its gold its not a promblem...14 mos thats crazy i think the sooner u get em done the better..all babies should have some type of jewrly...i was so happy when i found out she was a gurl lol
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:42 PM
My dd's ears were pierced at 3 months.

She started wearing jewelry around age 3
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)