Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my poor baby thinks the lunch lady hates him:( UPDATE

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:15 PM
  • 168 Replies
16 moms liked this

So last night i emailed the principle and she responded that same night. I couldn't call because by the time he got home, everyone was gone. She was very apologetic and said that was absolutely unacceptable and not how she wants him to remember his first day of school, and that she would talk to juan in the am and talk to the lunch ladies and remind them of the age group and as far as grabbing him she said the lady in question would be delt with accordingly. I was not the only mom who called about this lady, she apparently yelled at quite a few kids. I did not tell her i was bringing him to school this morning. when i showed up she and him took a walk down to the cafeteria and he pointed the lady out (in private) to her, she did this because juan did not know what her name was and both ladies who were monitors had brown hair so that didn't help her. I told her i appreciate her handling it but if i ever get a report that ANYBODY in that school touches a hair on his head i would be in and will become a nightmare for them to deal with. (in nicer words) i also told her im not comfortable with how upset he was and how it was a fight to get him to go this morning, so i would be popping in throughout the next few weeks to make sure things stay on track and she had no issue with this. She did not say what would be done to this woman but when i asked juan how lunch went today, he said good the lady who was mean to him was not in the cafeteria and the lady who was, was very nice and helped him open his thermos and read him my note lol. this made his day.

he came home much happier today. I am pleased with how it was handled and how open and honest she was

Today was my sons first day of kindergarden. I packed his lunch because i knew he wouldnt eat what they were serving. Today when he got off of the bus he burst into tears, I asked him what was wrong he told me the lunch lady had very bad manors and was mean. i asked what was said, as i couldnt figure out the issue since he packed. here she made him throw out the heart shape note i left him, and grabbed his arm. my kid is not one to misbehave and he does have very good manors. he told me he likes his teachers but not lunch time and he doesnt want to go to lunch tomorrow. i dont know why he was grabbed by the arm but im not ok with it. if he needed corrected it should have been handled different. and i asked him if he spilt food on his note he said no, he asked her what it said and thats when she got mad, all as it said was We love you have a great day. i told him it wasnt a big deal and id write hima new one, but something else had to happen for him to be this upset

anybody ever have an expereince like this?

by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mami2oneboy
by Sara on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:18 PM
5 moms liked this
I would be upset, I would go to school to handle it tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misslady80013
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:21 PM
11 moms liked this
I would go to the school tomorrow to find out what happened myself. NOBODY for any reason better put their hands on my baby or my hands will be all over them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockabillybetty
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:25 PM
2 moms liked this
My mom had problems with a lunch lady once she was harassing my little sister idk wat happened wat was said but my mom went to the TUSD board with the issue and the lunch lady was fired. Guess she wasnt the only kid that had a run in with her. I wouldnt and dont tolerate anyone grabbing yanking or touching my kids in anyway. Will you be going to talk to the principal about this? I kno i dont kno you or your son but it makes me mad that this happened. We trust these ppl to teach and take care of our kids for 6-7 hrs a day and crap like this happens. My son hated going to school in kinder but i took action with principal counsilers and made sure that teacher was doing her job and not causing the issue because she was the issue he loves school now and i hope to god it stays that way just other kids i cant stand that tease my kid but believe me ill be talking to their parent/s abt it..im sorry for ur situation and hope it all works out for the best and ur son
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
juansmommy
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

i def plan too. i was so heart broken that he was so upset.

mom_of_one_2010
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:27 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd be up there in the morning finding that lady and asking her wtf!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
juansmommy
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

i will be personally showing up at the school. i dont for the life of me know why she it but i know i have a very upset kid and this wasnt how i wanted his first day remembered

LML1
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:40 PM

I'd call into the school and ask. Make sure he knows to tell a teacher next time.

juansmommy
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:42 PM

thanx i did tell him to make sure next time he tells, he says he told her because he was crying and she asked what was wrong but i never got a phone call explaining anything.

aimhawk
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:45 PM
2 moms liked this

No, we haven't. A lady is behind the counter, then there is a lady on the end that sits at the computer for them to punch in their lunch number if they go through the line. Their teacher monitors everything that occurs.

I would be going to the school. And if the office doesn't have anything to say about it, then I would be signing in as a guest and going to lunch with my child.

charliebean
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:48 PM
3 moms liked this
Poor kid, I would be sad if someone threw away a note my mom wrote me. What was the point of her doing that? Just to be mean?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)