Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

does your pre-k student get sent home with...??

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:35 PM
  • 30 Replies
A weekly or daily progress report??

I ask because last year my oldest DD got sent home every day with a weekly report that said a lil about their day and had happy sad or straight line smiley face that they would color in, but this year my youngest has a different teacher, and she doesn't get anything sent home. :(

I think it kinda sucks because my 4 year old doesn't always wanna go into detail on how her day went. She is overly emotional and sensitive, so I'm wondering if her teacher will let me know if she has one of those days.

I also spoke to her last week and she said she isn't planning on sending a weekly report :(

So I'm wondering what info does your pre-k student send home??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kimmykat222
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof2114
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:42 PM

When my son with in K-3 and K-4 he got one. Now that we live in a different state and he is in Kindergarten he doesn't get on. His day is super short though. It's from 8:30 to 11:30.

millasmum
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Mine does not. But, I do talk to her teacher everyday I pick her up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimmykat222
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Ya my pre-k has a short day too but she is also in speech therapy... I don't get any feed back on that either

Quoting Mommyof2114:

When my son with in K-3 and K-4 he got one. Now that we live in a different state and he is in Kindergarten he doesn't get on. His day is super short though. It's from 8:30 to 11:30.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redneckmama2
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:46 PM

we got a daily calander with a face in whatever color they were on for the day (green=good, yellow= one warning, red= pretty bad, blue= horrible behavior). It is a month calander that is also their snack list. He is in kinder this year but it was the same last year.

O and if they got anything but green than they lost recess time and a note was sent home explaining what the child had issues with/ what they did wrong

Mommyof2114
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:47 PM

They will prob. contact you if they feel something is wrong or important. My thoughts are  "no news is good news" lol...

Quoting kimmykat222:

Ya my pre-k has a short day too but she is also in speech therapy... I don't get any feed back on that either

Quoting Mommyof2114:

barefootncrazy
by Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:47 PM
This. I always ask her teacher when I pick her up. The teacher does a good jon communicating everything about her day and any important info.

Quoting millasmum:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimmykat222
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:49 PM
Usually they just send out kids as soon as the bell rings... Should I just make it a point to walk in and talk to her everyday? I was kinda thinking of make my DD her own lil weekly progress report but that's a bit too much, u think?

Quoting millasmum:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelbabies11
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:51 PM
My dd is in K-4 this yr and she gets a daily report. They get a folder sent home with smily/sad faces next to each activity they did during the day. Also, her teacher writes a little note letting me know if Karli cried that day or not. (The first week was rough. She's also sensitive, so her first week was hard)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:51 PM

When I taught in child care we sent them home.  DD preschool (not there yet) does.  DD's sitter does not, but we sit and talk a good five minutes with her when we pick DD up anyway.  I really like the idea of it and wish our sitter did it.  It's a great way to start keeping a record of things if you have a behavior or medical concern.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN