Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Potty training....HELP PLEASE!

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:01 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hello ladies i have a daughter who will be 3 in november and she is not yet potty trained.... i just wanted to know who old were your kids when he/she were potty trained and if i can please get some advice on potty training im at work all day long and my husband is home with her and when i get off work he leaves for work sooo i only have a few hours at night until bedtime

by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
TristaB
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:04 PM
2 moms liked this
My son was potty trained by 2. I used m&ms as a reward. ( he really doesn't get sweets, so its a big deal) 1 for pee 2 for poop. And of course jumping and clapping, he'd get super excited :) good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephB060811
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Both you and your hubby need to come up with a plan and stick to it. I personally just threw my older two in underwear and they eventually got it. Try sticking her on the potty ever 45min or so. But you def gotta make sure you both are doing the same thing and its not only you for a few hours a day.

Chelsea_rh
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine is only 8 months but I just want to say good luck.. So far dd pees on the potty once a day when she wakes up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amurray87
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:10 PM

8 months thats awesome! thank you

Amurray87
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:12 PM

yes i totally agree husband and i have to come up with a plan asap!

amber_rachelle
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 12:37 AM

My daughter will be 4 in september and it wasn't until feb or march that she was finally potty trained. I had tried everything to keep her interested to excite her about it. nothing worked until i got fed up and just put her in underwear for an entire day telling her to let me know. she went a couple weeks of wearing underwear during the day until i decided that to save some money she's going to wear them at night too. She has only wet the bed 2 or 3 times and has had maybe 10 accidents during the day since then. She had been interested in the potty since she was probably 18months so it was a long battle but she eventually got it.  Don't give up she'll get it in time.

sheenabby09
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 12:43 AM
I'm in the process good luck its hard but it saves money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
his_soldier
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 3:24 AM

My son was almost 4 when he potty trained (he is always going to dads and back to mommy, (court visitation)) and my daughter is 2 and now fully potty trained. I always praised them even when they tried. 

Amurray87
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:13 AM

thank you ladies for your advice!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN