Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Anyone know what rash this could be? *pic*

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 8:29 PM
  • 24 Replies

My 10 month old has been extra cranky this week... at first we thought it was teething but she doesn't have any new teeth coming out. Then she started getting these bright red spots on her - some appear raised, some appear flat, some small, some large, some with white halos around them - but they don't seem to bother her other than her being cranky. We thought it might have been a heat rash or bug bite but it never went away and has stayed just as red and obvious. Any idea what this could be? I noticed some after visiting my mom's house, but she kept getting more even at our house, then we visited her again today and the rash has spread all over her face and neck in the course of a day. I thought it might be an allergy but it doesn't really look like it and it gets worse at my mom's but she still gets more at my house. A few days ago I got a very itchy rash that looked very similar but it isn't quite as itchy anymore but still obvious. Any idea what this is? Since it has spread so much I think I'm going to call her doctor tomorrow morning but is that over reacting? Everyone who has seen it (family) doesn't really know what it is either.

ETA: It almost looks like chicken pox but some are also very tiny and bumpy spots.

These are some of the spots on her back. Some of them are a lot brighter red and it goes from shoulder to shoulder, neck, front, & a few on face.

by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twokids0407
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:01 PM
I would have taken her to the dr when it kept getting worse. Gl keep us updated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rainbowbabe220
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Pic?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMoseley
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Roseola?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crescentstar2
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Impentigo?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Until today, it was only 1 or 2 spots at a time that would appear and we really thought they were some type of bug bite until they didn't change so we were never really alarmed until she got 5 or 6 today. Thanks! Doctor is closed today so I'm going to call tomorrow.

Quoting twokids0407:

I would have taken her to the dr when it kept getting worse. Gl keep us updated.

by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I'm going to upload one in a few minutes when my phone is charged enough to turn back on. That's the only camera I have right now!

Quoting rainbowbabe220:

Pic?

by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:29 PM

I googled that & it looks similar from farther away pictures but not similar close up & she hasn't had a fever with this. Thank you though!

Quoting LMoseley:

Roseola?

by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:31 PM

It looks similar to that in that some are kind of splotchy but I thought you got that by scratching? She hasn't scratched much at all that I've noticed. Thank you for your help!

Quoting crescentstar2:

Impentigo?

cherrywaves21
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Hives?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charleereno
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:33 PM
2 moms liked this
Don't know, but I've been getting weird red splotches everywhere too. When you find out please update.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)