Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Abortion?????

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 2:06 PM
  • 123 Replies
I'm gonna start off with asking for no bashing....im here just to ask for help support and understanding of why you chose that or if u know someone whos had one and lnows what they have been through. In advance thanks for sharing....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ProudMommOf2
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 2:11 PM
6 moms liked this

i could never personally do, and the only time i can see a "good" reason for it would be if  1. rape, and 2. the pregnancy is medically harmful to the mother. other then that if you lay down and do the deed you should step up and take responsibility, or find a loving family for your child. No innocent child deserves to be what i considered murdered cause the parents dont want to step up. Yes i do understand money wise some people cant afford kids but if you know you cant afford a kid then you should be protecting yourself from making one.

Nothing against anyone who has had an abortion i just couldnt do it.

Momma2013
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Not sure why you're asking but if you're looking at having one done - please don't. Take some time to think about it first. There are PLENTY of people on here willing to be there for you not only throughout the pregnancy but through the raising of your child.

I would never get an abortion or support someone who is getting one. If you don't think you have anyone to talk to - pm me. I'll talk to you all the time, babies are here for a reason. Not everyone can get pregnant and the people who do - deserve that precious little baby. There are HUGE waiting lists of people who are looking to adopt newborns and young kids.

Not bashing - just my opinion. Sorry if you're just curious and not looking into it but offering some help.

anime.princess
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 2:18 PM
4 moms liked this

If you want to have one, go ahead.  It is nobody's business  but yours. 

JerJas2
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 2:19 PM
2 moms liked this
I've had one. I wasn't young, raped or single like most people. I was 22, married for over 3 years and already the mother of 2. My DH is military and at the time he was getting ready to deploy to Iraq for 15 months and we had just had my DD. She was 5 months old. When we found out I was pregnant again we discussed it and agreed there was no way I could handle another one on my own. Financially or emotionally. I would have gone crazy. Adoption wasn't an option because my DH wouldn't want his child out there somewhere. Everybody is different though. I don't regret it but still wish it hadn't happened.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilangel_4206
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 2:19 PM
Long story....i will be pm you....i do need someone to talk to and fast

Quoting Momma2013:

Not sure why you're asking but if you're looking at having one done - please don't. Take some time to think about it first. There are PLENTY of people on here willing to be there for you not only throughout the pregnancy but through the raising of your child.

I would never get an abortion or support someone who is getting one. If you don't think you have anyone to talk to - pm me. I'll talk to you all the time, babies are here for a reason. Not everyone can get pregnant and the people who do - deserve that precious little baby. There are HUGE waiting lists of people who are looking to adopt newborns and young kids.

Not bashing - just my opinion. Sorry if you're just curious and not looking into it but offering some help.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilangel_4206
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 2:24 PM
I can understand. I dont know what to do. My dd is 3 im married with her father and i was protecting myself just not the "correct" way since i wasnt taking the pill at tge right time or i would forget. Dh doesnt want another baby because of some issues going on in the house. I jave thought about leaving and moving on but im sooo confused...

Quoting JerJas2:

I've had one. I wasn't young, raped or single like most people. I was 22, married for over 3 years and already the mother of 2. My DH is military and at the time he was getting ready to deploy to Iraq for 15 months and we had just had my DD. She was 5 months old. When we found out I was pregnant again we discussed it and agreed there was no way I could handle another one on my own. Financially or emotionally. I would have gone crazy. Adoption wasn't an option because my DH wouldn't want his child out there somewhere. Everybody is different though. I don't regret it but still wish it hadn't happened.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2love
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 2:27 PM
I had one when I was pregnant with number two by my abusive ex. I didn't want another child with him, and even though it's wrong in a lot of ways I feel no regrets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JerJas2
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 2:32 PM
If its only him not wanting another one I would say don't do it, especially if its not what you want to do. My DH didn't want a kid when we had our first but of course that changed over time. An abortion is not an easy thing to do. It took a lot out of me. I was emotional about it for a long time and I still think about it. I don't regret it like I said because it was the right choice for my family. Every situation is different and you need to do what is right for you, not anybody else.
Quoting lilangel_4206:

I can understand. I dont know what to do. My dd is 3 im married with her father and i was protecting myself just not the "correct" way since i wasnt taking the pill at tge right time or i would forget. Dh doesnt want another baby because of some issues going on in the house. I jave thought about leaving and moving on but im sooo confused...

Quoting JerJas2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
claddison
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 2:32 PM
I had one about 5 years ago. The reason I had mine was because my life was in danger having JUST completed chemotherapy and my body couldn't handle the pregnancy nor the labor. SEVERAL doctors told me I had an 80-90% chance of dying and so did the baby. I had my husband and 3 children already to think about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenny0709
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 2:33 PM
2 moms liked this
And this is what's wrong with the world today!!!!!!!

Quoting anime.princess:

If you want to have one, go ahead.  It is nobody's business  but yours. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)