Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Anxiety over silly things

Posted by   + Show Post

I never had anxiety until I had DD, and a few months after she was born it got really bad but I managed to get it under control. I am terrified of getting in a car accident with DD in the car. I have her in her car seat, buckled in, safe, but I just worry so much about being in a car with her. I feel a lot better in a truck but cars scare the hell out of me. I guess it's because everyone I know who has died in an accident was in a car :( Tomorrow I finally get to go visit my grandmaw an hour & a half away but my mom wants to drive and she has a car. She has a nice car, I know it's safe, but my anxiety is back full force right now. I'm so worried about being on the interstate and those tiny country back roads plus my mom isn't the safest driver. I know it's ridiculous to be this nervous about a small car trip i've made hundreds of times, especially from someone who has traveled the world and country, but ever since DD I've been so paranoid.

I really want to visit my grandmaw but I'm going to be so anxious until I get home tomorrow evening. I wish I could get over this fear because I miss going places and traveling. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest ladies.

by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Replies (11-14):
armyslpbaby
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 10:13 PM
I also get anxiety attacks over everything! Unfortunately theres not much we can do except to face our fears. You are a good mom to be worried about your babys welfare. I am pregnant and not a day has gone by where i dont worry about the babys safety. We can only do so much, the rest is fate
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Teele-a-Baby
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 10:44 PM

I feel this way all the time, i cant drive/ride in a vehicle without visualzing some horrible accident or even allow her out of my site without crying the entire time cause it scares the crap out of me!!!! Ihave seriosy onsidered consulting a dctor, but i want to believe that it will go away with time:/ 

by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Thank you ladies for sharing advice/stories with me. I don't feel so crazy knowing I'm not the only one who has these types of thoughts. I take some herbal anti-anxiety relief right now but I may start taking something else for nights like these. I would probably feel less anxious if I could actually sleep! I know tomorrow will be fine and for tonight I'm not going to think about it :) Thank you so much!

mrsfred07
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:11 PM
I will tell you my story. We were in a wreck when dd was three weeks old. A girl ran a red light and dh t'boned her. It was horrifying, tbh. Car was totaled. Her passengers weren't in boosters like they should have been, two weren't even buckled in. he had tried to miss her car, but he couldn't. Dd was silent. I thought she was severely hurt. BUT.. Because of proper car seat installment and usage, my baby slept through the entire ordeal, until firetruck and ambulance sirens woke her up. We were in a Mustang. No bruises, no scrapes, nothing.

I had to take anxiety meds for a while after that to even get in a car. I had panic attacks as well. I don't take them anymore, but intersections still spook me at times. At least the ones near a highway, where the speed limit is over 45mph.

It's going to be okay hun. Proper restraint is all you need, imo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN