Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

This is kind of embarrassing....

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 1:16 PM
  • 43 Replies

Well I have been married for 4years, I have on child, my dd who just turned 3, I am Dept Head at a Pharmacy and I am going to school online...

But here is my problem,

Dh went out with his friends a few weeks ago, and I was at home. It suddnely hit me, I have no friends... I mean literally, I have people on facebook who llive in the town I grew up in an hour away, but I dont ever go out with friends for lunch, or shopping I always go alone or with dd or dh... Its kind of sad =( Im not a big social butterfly...how can I make freinds and have time for everything thats going on in my life?

***Houston Tx is more of a single people town =/

by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2PushCart
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Maybe you try finding other moms on CM that live in your area that you can become friends with and have play dates with your children or have your DH's babysit one day so you two can enjoy a lunch together, or even shopping or something. I realized through my pregnancy that a lot of people I thought were my friends really weren't so I'm almost in the same position as you. I do have a couple of friends around here but due to me not having a job because I'm taking care of my one month old then I don't have money to hang out with my friends much. That's just what I would suggest you do. Hope you can meet some people to befriend and enjoy yourself with! Good luck!

Lovin_mybaby5
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I meet someone on here before and she turned out to be a crazy racist, lol very werid lol

Quoting Mom2PushCart:

Maybe you try finding other moms on CM that live in your area that you can become friends with and have play dates with your children or have your DH's babysit one day so you two can enjoy a lunch together, or even shopping or something. I realized through my pregnancy that a lot of people I thought were my friends really weren't so I'm almost in the same position as you. I do have a couple of friends around here but due to me not having a job because I'm taking care of my one month old then I don't have money to hang out with my friends much. That's just what I would suggest you do. Hope you can meet some people to befriend and enjoy yourself with! Good luck!

AndiWest83
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 1:24 PM
I'm the same way. My entire life revolves around school and my DD and DF. I have people I talk to that I have classes with but I wouldn't regard them as friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovin_mybaby5
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 1:25 PM

yea the girls that I work with are nice, but I dont consider them friends just co workers

Quoting AndiWest83:

I'm the same way. My entire life revolves around school and my DD and DF. I have people I talk to that I have classes with but I wouldn't regard them as friends.

kaygarcia97
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 1:26 PM
I'm from Houston! Right now in SC but will be back there in eight months. I miss home
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovin_mybaby5
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 1:27 PM

really! why are you in SC? if you dont mind me asking

Quoting kaygarcia97:

I'm from Houston! Right now in SC but will be back there in eight months. I miss home

LaceNBklyn
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Do you not see friend traits or do you wanna keep it professional

Quoting Lovin_mybaby5:

yea the girls that I work with are nice, but I dont consider them friends just co workers

Quoting AndiWest83:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AndiWest83
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm really fun when I'm around people I like, but when I'm at school (which is the only place I go) I'm very serious and focused. I don't make small talk and I've been known to be a bitch to people for wasting my time during lecture.lol.

Quoting Lovin_mybaby5:

Quoting AndiWest83:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaygarcia97
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 1:29 PM
My husband is in the Marines and we are stationed here until he gets out next year. Believe me, coastal Carolina isn't all its cracked up to be, I miss TX !

Quoting Lovin_mybaby5:

really! why are you in SC? if you dont mind me asking

Quoting kaygarcia97:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovin_mybaby5
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 1:30 PM

well the are my employees lol not coworker, should of been more clear, and they are just on a different level then me...like they like going clubing and drinking and all that...I dont club bc I am married now and I dont drink

Quoting LaceNBklyn:

Do you not see friend traits or do you wanna keep it professional

Quoting Lovin_mybaby5:

Quoting AndiWest83:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)