Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

This is kind of embarrassing....

Posted by   + Show Post

Well I have been married for 4years, I have on child, my dd who just turned 3, I am Dept Head at a Pharmacy and I am going to school online...

But here is my problem,

Dh went out with his friends a few weeks ago, and I was at home. It suddnely hit me, I have no friends... I mean literally, I have people on facebook who llive in the town I grew up in an hour away, but I dont ever go out with friends for lunch, or shopping I always go alone or with dd or dh... Its kind of sad =( Im not a big social butterfly...how can I make freinds and have time for everything thats going on in my life?

***Houston Tx is more of a single people town =/

by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 1:16 PM
Replies (31-40):
megangary
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 9:43 PM
This exactly. Then exdh left me. Its school and work.

Quoting AndiWest83:

I'm the same way. My entire life revolves around school and my DD and DF. I have people I talk to that I have classes with but I wouldn't regard them as friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livelaughlov26
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Quoting kaygarcia97:

I live in Bluffton. About half an hour from you. I have been born and raised.here. it does suck. :(
TexasWife
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I don't know where in Houston she lives but my Best Friend lives in Houston. She had a baby in July. Her first.

TempestRayne
by Donna on Sep. 19, 2012 at 7:30 AM

look for moms groups, local meet ups, things like that.

CheyennesMommy2
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 7:37 AM
Same here. Dh and I both dont really have friends. We have people we talk to, txt with, but between dhs 2 jobs, church things, the kids, now im working a bit, we just never have time. We have friends who are newlywrds, expecting there first but there busy like us..im hoping one day we get to hang out. Its hard though. Dh is my best friend, but..hes always working like 4am till 10pm..one week I went all week without leaving the house, talking to anyone, and dh worked extra late so I didnt even see him for like 4 of those days! Its craxy. I have a friend from high school, shes my best friend from hs actually but she lives 2 hours away and works non stop. Plus she doesnt have kids so.im sure hanging out with me is boring.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NovaChick26
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 9:28 AM

I ususally make new friends either through work or from taking my DD to her activities. Im a single mom so I dont get out allot I have couple of friends who live near by their lives are pretty hectic to . Does your dh have friends with girlfriends or wives you can befriend?

SuprMom08
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 9:29 AM

I have the same problem. I don't have friends. I don't really have time for them. I work 40-45 hrs/week and the rest of the time I spend with my son. Unfortunately for my son (who is almost 4), he is my best friend! That is so sad!!! LOL  I spend a lot of time with my mom...but that is about it. My sons babysitter has a daughter who is 19. (I am 25). We do things together sometimes. We work out together and go Black Friday Shopping together. 

Itzy0ll0tl
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM

i ahve the same issue, so Ive been making new friends just random, people, who I think might be cool, and strike a conversation. it doesnt always work.. but hey

I have 2 new friends :)

19andmomtobe
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 1:22 PM
I have the same issue. I'm only 20 and I have nothing in common with people my own age. Plus in high school I didn't fit in and had a hard time. We have a few couple friends but none with kids. Hopefully that will change. I'm excited do my little guy to be older so maybe I can do like a mommy play group or something. But that's a while away. I have a 7 1/2 month old. But I'm in school right now so I try to talk to my classmates. It's weird thoug cause I'm alone a lot and I'm extremely talkative so once I'm at school I don't shut up. I end up just feeling like I'm annoying lol I'm working on it though.
jenjenwillis176
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:12 PM

im in the same boat im home all the time  my husband is in school in the evenings of course he goes out with his friends every so often  but i would love to have  girl time  lunch shopping etc... i have friends on facebook from school but its facebook lol   having some real friends would be nice :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)