Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

That was the last thing I wanted to hear...

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm sick with only god knows what. I have raging hormones and all I want to do is sleep. The last thing I wanted to get an e-mail from a guy I thought I had a really good friendship with. I've known him for over 12 years and he's been my go-to friend when I need someone to talk to. I haven't spoken to him in a few weeks as I've been busy with work and just trying to enjoy my new life. Things are going exceptionally well for me for once and I just want to soak it up. I have a full time job, a new car and a great man by my side that loves my son as if he belonged to him. So, my friend e-mailed me to give me shit for being with an older man. Then writes this:

"I love you Brandi and if you didn't have Gabe I would so be trying to get you to be my girlfriend.  So dont think that I don't ever have your best interest in mind."

by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Replies (21-28):
coupon_ash_back
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 11:22 PM

douchie mac douche pants.

Itzy0ll0tl
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

this is awesome :)

If i where you, I would distance myself from your friend, anyone who loves you, should not put such limitations on love. and hes not really rustworthy, if he pours drama into yuor life, when you clearly have a lot going on :)

Quoting CrystalYaris:

The man I'm with is absolutely amazing. I couldn't ask for better. I've known him since November, and we've been dating going on 3 months now. We stayed the night at his place yesterday so he could drop my son off at daycare for me (my mom normally does but she had to go to work earlier than usual). As we were laying down for bed he told me that if things go well between us, he'd like to adopt my son. That he loves my son has brought so much happiness to him. I said, "Goodnight! We'll discuss it another time." because it wasn't something I was prepared to hear.

RoddaMom
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Quoting Slayton723:

Um if he really had your best interest in mind why does it matter if you have a son? If he truely loved you he'd love your son too...

True story..... That is how I have four adopted kids (step parent adoption). I DID fall in love with them as much as their Dad!
la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Sounds like a douche

aidenmomplus4
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

First off I'm with an older man , 15 years my senior, and it was the best decision I ever made so power to you. And also if he really is your friend and has your best interested and did in fact love you , he wouldn't care that you have a child and he would be with you and care for your child , obviously this "friend" isn't a good one. Enjoy your new life, it's wonderful to hear that you are with a man that accepts and love you child and loves you.

Autiziumom
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow! Should had said something sooner!!
Lovin_mybaby5
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:46 PM

and why does it matter about your son?

CrystalYaris
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:07 AM

He just doesn't want to be with someone that has a kid. Apparently he has always liked me and when I had my son it crushed him. Talk about great timing, eh?

Quoting Lovin_mybaby5:

and why does it matter about your son?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)