Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Deadbeat dad and CSE

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:19 AM
  • 39 Replies
So my daughter is 3 months old and her "awesome" father has only seen her once...the day we got home from the hospital. After gushing about how beautiful she is and how her little face made him fall in love immediately we had a talk on my balcony about what his role in her life would be. At this point I find it pertinent to let you all know he has 2 daughters with the woman he's been with for 10 years and constantly cheats on, which is why we aren't together...I had that gut feeling something wasn't right so I broke it off....but I was already pregnant. Anyway, he said he would be there for whatever she needed and we discussed visitation (he was to give me a date and time a week in advance). He texts me the weekend before July 4th asking to see her that same weekend, I said "sure, but we have a family bbq Saturday and church Sunday so we would have to work around that" he said nvm he'll just see her some other time. I proceded to remind him of our talk and he never responded. Then a couple days later texted me asking flabout rhe paternity test (which I'm fine with because we were only together a month). I didn't respond because at this point it was all in the state's hands through child support enforcement. Well CSE sent a letter to his home and former employer asking for verification. Both went unacknowledged. I get a call from CSE about this and I tell them that the job they had for him was no longer where he worked but the address was correct (he owns property in our county so his address is easy to find). They asked me to verify it. So I attempted to call him...twice...and text him. No response. So i went to his house. No car was there. So I decided to go to his brother's house and double check. After verifying things with his brother and getting new info I go home. I get a text from him attempting to berate me about finding his address. I'm 3 years younger than him and I'm having trouble grasping his level of maturity.

*Sidenote: He was originally very excited to sign the BC. Then his girlfriend was told about my daughter ahead of his schedule (I afforded him that luxury as well), by my best friend, and then he started asking for the paternity test. He had apparently asked her for one for both of their girls and she was upset because he never asked me for one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gastromama2007
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:24 AM
Good luck with that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss_MikLain
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:25 AM
So, I'm not the crazy one here right?

Quoting Gastromama2007:

Good luck with that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss_MikLain
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:25 AM

Kaylen

By the way here's "our" daughter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gastromama2007
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:26 AM
Well, I can't judge, it's not my place...but did you think this was going to be easy? Having a baby with someone who has a girlfriend?

Quoting Miss_MikLain:

Quoting Gastromama2007:

Good luck with that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluebunbun
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:28 AM
Wow that sucks :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:29 AM
Uhh its not your job to track him down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrimsonGrace
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:31 AM
She is adorable!!!! One of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen!!! Be strong, good luck!

Quoting Miss_MikLain:

Kaylen

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss_MikLain
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:31 AM
When we started dating I did not know about his girlfriend. The 2 daughters, yes. But as the short time we were together went on my gut told me different. But I. Think we could all be adults about the situation and find a way to coexist peacefully since our daughters are sisters. Maybe it was too idealistic of me, but that was the hope. That was why I was so understanding of everything.

Quoting Gastromama2007:

Well, I can't judge, it's not my place...but did you think this was going to be easy? Having a baby with someone who has a girlfriend?

Quoting Miss_MikLain:

Quoting Gastromama2007:

Good luck with that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss_MikLain
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:31 AM
They told me to verify that the address I gave them was in fact correct.

Quoting happymommy1105:

Uhh its not your job to track him down.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss_MikLain
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:32 AM
Thank you.

Quoting CrimsonGrace:

She is adorable!!!! One of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen!!! Be strong, good luck!

Quoting Miss_MikLain:

Kaylen

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)