Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you pay for rent?..and what would you do??

Posted by   + Show Post
We just moved to Arizona in June and I can't get over how cheap the rent is here lol. We basically found my dream home to rent! It's 2,300 sq ft, 4 bedrooms, 3 bath, a two car garage, a loft, living room and family room, the laundry room upstairs, and the master bath has a walk in closet and a garden jacuzzi tub! This house is only $775 a month!!! Coming from WA that is so cheap! We used to pay $850 for a 3 bed 1 bath that was 1200 sq ft. What does everyone else pay for rent?

We haven't decided if we are going to rent it or not yet because right now we pay $500 a month to rent my parents vacation home but they will be coming down for the winter by the end of October so that would mean we would be living with them. We are trying to decide if we should just move now or wait a couple more months since we only pay $500 now. The only thing that makes me nervous is the electric bill to cool a house that's 2300 sq ft.
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Replies (41-50):
alreadydidthis
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Id go your leaving anyways right?

Quoting army_wifey_06:

Quoting alreadydidthis:

I like the house it looks so cute. Btw whats the area code(i have the zillow app so when im bord i look up houses in diffrent areas lol) if staying with your parents is not the worst idea stay. But if they are too much to stay with then id save the head ache and go.

Right now where we love the area code is 85142 but where that house is I think it's 85132. They aren't bad to live with but it would be crammed lol. Their house is 1600 sq ft and it will be me and Dh, my parents and our two boys.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
army_wifey_06
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting armybratmom612:

I called about the budget billing and they said we could do it but they recommend you live there for a year first because it goes off the last 12 months. Maybe the previous tenants were really good about keeping their bills low? Lol I wish!!
mom_of_one_2010
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Holy cow. I pay $150 for a the lot my double wide trailer is on. We are saving to buy land and build a house
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCG83
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this
$995 4bd, 1bath 1400+sq 33 acres in Ohio.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:11 AM

We have a mortgage. 

But I noticed the huge difference when we moved to NC from northern IL.  Houses are so much cheaper down here.

army_wifey_06
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting XoXo.Nikki.XoXo:

Wow I would love that. We pay 970 for a 2bd 2 full bath apartment in a complex and its only 960 sq ft. A place like your looking at could easily rent out for over 2000. I would take it in a heartbeat!

I really want to! Dh and I are talking about it today :)
FoxTales
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this
We own. It is small... 900 sq foot, 2 up, 2 down plus 1 bath up, 1 down... But we only pay $607 (plus house insurance, utilities, etc). But it would rent for around 850-900. In the city it would be 1100 or more lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsfred07
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:12 AM
How long ago was that? Our neighborhood just started the army green program a few months ago. Either way I'm happy here. Off podt we were living in a 2br, 2ba apt with I think 1050sq ft. we have an extra bedroom, half bath and I think about 300 more sq ft. living in the apartment we still topped his bah just with rent, water, and electric.

Quoting army_wifey_06:

Quoting mrsfred07:

We used to get checks back for being under on our electric. I think the most we got was like $17 but it was still nice to get money back!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meg2011425
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I currently pay $350 for a one bedroom. But within the next month we will be moving to a two bedroom one bath house with a two car garage for $525 a month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
army_wifey_06
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:12 AM
Quoting mrsfred07:

Oh, and I would go for it. We use fans to help with electric costs. That house is beautiful

All the rooms have fans and so does our house now. We use them and it really does help!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)