Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME!?!

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 5:24 PM
  • 9 Replies

My period is 11 days late.  I'm on the pill, whish I take religiousely everyday @ 8:30AM AND we use condoms. EVERYTIME.

Ive taken 2 pregnancy tests, both negative, but, my period has NEVER been more then 2/3 days late since I started having it! 
I calle dmy OB/GYN & the nurse I spoke with told me to 'wait it out'  WTF!?!?

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Quatrekins
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Have you been on the pill for a long time? The first year of being on it can make periods really fluctuate. Also, when I was around 20, my VERY regular, 29 day cycle started going 35-45 days every few months. It scared the heck out of me and my DH, that's for sure, lol. If you took two tests that were negative, the nurse probably figures it's either too early or you aren't pregnant and just doesn't want you to waste your money. You can always go to Planned Parenthood for a blood test; they often run specials where if you get STD testing the whole visit is free, too.

MelaniesMama
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 5:36 PM

I've been on the pill for almost a year, this is the first time this has happened.

Quatrekins
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 5:37 PM

And I wanted to add, if you are using condoms properly (not letting his private parts ANYWHERE near your private parts without it on) and taking a pill religiously, it is astronomically unlikely you would be pregnant. Most condoms also have spermicide, in addition to being a barrier.

But anyway, the failure rates of both of those things are due to people not using them correctly, but if you take your pill on time and haven't had any antibiotics, and aren't having intercourse without a rubber, you should be fine.

MommyRJ
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Are you stressed about anything or has anything happened recently that's different?

I've been on my pill for over a year and it's the only time in my life I skip periods. I go like every other month basically. Stress is a huge factor
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CountryMom357
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 5:42 PM
Stress is a huge factor in late or even missed periods. Maybe you mis counted days, or the condom broke. If you are on bc and still use a condom then maybe you've been afraid the bc won't work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VictoriousTory
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Yea like other PP suggested... ARE you stressed?? Amything going on in your life that may be you are worried about? Check the moon cycle too... as crazy pagan as it may seem, my periods would get all screwy w the moon... Also when you get older,especially if u had a kid, your body and cycles change. I wouldnt worry about it TOO much unless u get morning sickness!!! :) 

MelaniesMama
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Im actaully not stressed right now. (well, except abou tHIS issue...lol)

CountryMom357
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:39 PM
Try not to stress over this issue either. I know its hard not too. Just relax and maybe it'll come
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Seems highly unlikely that you would be pregnant.. So many things cause periods to be late.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN