Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Just found out!

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:54 AM
  • 27 Replies
I was cleaning up the living room and found my nephews phone. He is like way over protective of his phone, and I wanted to know why. I figured dirty pictures or something. Nothing at all as to what I found....

He is talking to, and planning to MEET a girl ( lets hope its a girl! ) that he met on Xbox Live! Yes I know I was wrong for snooping. But now that I know......OMG I'm freaked out!

I can't talk to my nephew about it cause he would know I went thru his phone and he never would trust me again. I don't know if I should talk to his mom about it ( his mom is the older sister I disowned ) or his dad. His dad would flip out on him, cause he's ALWAYS taught him NEVER to do stuff like that, cause you don't know who your talking to! Apparently he doesn't listen.

My nephew is 14. He's already telling this.....person.....that he loves them. I just don't want him to end up dead because he went to meet this person and the person kidnapped him and killed him.

I don't know how to bring it up to him, or his mom and dad. Please.....anyone with any advice....please share. I don't want my nephew to get hurt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MountieMama
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:55 AM
Sit down and talk with all of them. At the same time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:58 AM

kids don't have privacy! there dumb and need to be taught. you need to let him know that you found his phone and explain the safely issues. if it comes down to it go with him to show him, that you don't know what you can get and if it an older man/women you can get them arrested and off the streets

Hutersmom
by Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:58 AM
Maybe suggest that they take a look at his phone and Xbox account :/ there are a lot of predators out there, your nephew may not even have to know it was you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maryjmom
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:59 AM
I know the only thing they will dwell on is that I went thru his texts on his phone. They wont look at the bigger picture ( idk....his dad might. ) and be concerned about their son.

Quoting MountieMama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annismom10
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 2:01 AM
1 mom liked this
This. He's just a kid. If this mistake can be prevented it needs to be. Maybe his dad can help do a supervised meet. If it's a 14 yo girl, all will be okay. If it's a 40 yo man, crisis averted. Or you could do the supervising if you don't want to tell them.
He will forgive you in time.

Btw you get that phone call for the job?

Quoting MountieMama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maryjmom
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 2:02 AM
OT: I saw your name and kinda giggled. Hunter is my nephews best friends name.

I've talked to him myself about people like that and he's all * oh I know * and * I ain't that stupid! * Apparently he IS!!!!!!!

Maybe I'll talk to one of his friends and get them to talk to him about it.

Quoting Hutersmom:

Maybe suggest that they take a look at his phone and Xbox account :/ there are a lot of predators out there, your nephew may not even have to know it was you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maryjmom
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 2:04 AM
OT: not yet. I talked to the personnel manager a couple days ago and he said that the applications will be pulled this week, so I'm hoping either tomorrow or Monday I get the call.

Quoting annismom10:

This. He's just a kid. If this mistake can be prevented it needs to be. Maybe his dad can help do a supervised meet. If it's a 14 yo girl, all will be okay. If it's a 40 yo man, crisis averted. Or you could do the supervising if you don't want to tell them.

He will forgive you in time.

Btw you get that phone call for the job?

Quoting MountieMama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sucker4myloves
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Double edged sword there. I know it will suck for him to be angry at you for going through his phone, but here's a fact: You cannot let him go to that meeting, certainly not alone. For all you know he'll end up chloroformed in the back of a van. I mean seriously? Which one is the bigger issue there? Besides, why does he have a cell phone if it's not well known that he only keeps it so long as it is monitored? Are you his guardian or was he just in your house?

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

PeaceLoveZ
by Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 2:05 AM
I would talk to him. He'll get over being mad at you when he learns funny & pretty "Darla" is really big & hairy "Dave".
plus I don't do privacy in my home so he'd be hating it! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maryjmom
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 2:11 AM
I'd much rather have him in the house pissed off at me than in a van off somewhere in BFE, half dead!

He's just staying the night cause the schools here have a PTO meeting tomorrow and its no school. We were playing the Xbox ( grand theft auto ) and I got tired, so I went to clean up the living room before bed. I found his phone laying in the floor and got curious. Now I'm just flat out terrified. Not to mention they have been SEXTING!!!!!!!! No nudie pictures, just VERY detailed words. I'm debating on whether or not to just go talk to him NOW and get it over with.

Btw, his mom doesn't care who he talks to or what they talk about. She doesn't ever look at his phone. His dad has, in the past, but he's OTR right now, so he can't.

Quoting sucker4myloves:

Double edged sword there. I know it will suck for him to be angry at you for going through his phone, but here's a fact: You cannot let him go to that meeting, certainly not alone. For all you know he'll end up chloroformed in the back of a van. I mean seriously? Which one is the bigger issue there? Besides, why does he have a cell phone if it's not well known that he only keeps it so long as it is monitored? Are you his guardian or was he just in your house?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)