Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Breastfeeding your choice? GROSS

Hello moms, how many twenty something year old moms breastfeed? If so how long and your reason for stopping?

I have a 2-1/2 year old ds who weaned at 18 months and a 6mon old ds who's going strong.

Something that irritates me is a family friend, he thinks its gross to see me nursing because "if I want to see a boob its going to be me sucking it" it makes me gag men are so vulger some times, but I just chalk that up to immaturity.

How old is everyone, and what's the craziest thing you've experienced from people about nursing.
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Replies (91-100):
NollynsMommy14
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Quoting TempestRayne:

Men are taught from an early age that women's bodies exist for their pleasure.

Isn't that ridiculous psh today's society!
NollynsMommy14
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Quoting polkaspots:

I'm twenty two and I'm nursing my seven month old son. I didn't last very long with nursing with my daughter (supplementing with formula for the first three months before I couldn't do it anymore) I've had a few people make negative comments but nobody I knew personally. I nurse in public a lot. When people make comments, I have no idea why they think its so gross or wrong. All I know is the crazy lady on the train told me to give my kid a sandwich and stop letting him suck me. I feel pretty confident saying I'm a better parent than she would be. This was a few months ago, so he was probably 3 or 4 months old at the time.

You should of just simply stuck with something simple like "crack kills" ;) weird statement omgoodness
NollynsMommy14
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Quoting Blessedmommytob:

My brothers gf used to be a SAHM with her previous husband, I openly started to nurse and asked her if she nursed her ds as well "no I really didn't , its just something I gave no thought to, although I should have since I stayed at home" umm ya think lol? I didn't know what to say, I also smoked ciggs for 6 years (shamefully) I always said the day I get pregnant is the day I quit for good, so when ds1 came along I was done :) I will never pick up another one for as long as I live, it's been over 3 years. I was having a convo about learning to cope without smoking, when your addicted to something it becomes part of a routine, so when I first started to nurse and I got really stressed the thought of smoking came to my mind, but I thanked god that I nursed. And she says something along the lines of "my mom cried after I had my son because the first thing I asked to do was go outside and smoke" .....I'm thinking that, that may be enough conversations on those subjects, my anxiety was going through the roof. Ahhhhh makes me want to scream
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:00 AM

I stopped breastfeeding when my body decided to dry up on me with each of my children.

I would tell your male friend that the breast is for the feeding of a child. And he should be grateful to any woman who lets him suck on a boob. As it isn't there for him to do that.LOL

Sorry, I just had to. ^

katvixenstar
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:06 AM
I am 26 and i nursed my daughter until she was about 2.5. My son just weaned last month and he is 3. The only place i broadcast that i nursed for that long is on here,lol. And one of my dad's nurses knows, cause we were talking about breastfeeding one day. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jcarmel11
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:08 AM
My daughter (6yrs) nursed until she was 9mo. And my son is 15mo. And still nurses like crazy! I will be nursing him until he weans himself.
Ctenpav
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:25 AM
I nursed my first dd for 3 months then my milk supply went away. I nursed my 2nd dd for only 1 month because I got mastitis and lost my milk supply. I would have nursed longer on both if I could have. I'm 27 and they are 2 and 10 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:28 AM
DS self weaned at almost a year and a half. I was kind of sad.

I didn't have any negative nursing experiences as far as reactions. The funniest thing though is my grandma turned into my NIP paparazzi. She would follow me around taking pictures of me nursing in public without a cover because she couldn't believe that I could do it so discretely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
freedomchica91
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:34 PM

My DS is 4 months and partially breastfeeding. I've had the same thing happen and I just smile at them and tell them that if they don't like it, they can leave my house

whitneyeliza08
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:51 PM
I'm 22 and nursing a 10 month old. I haven't had anyone make rude remarks luckily. I've only gotten weird looks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN