Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Just finished the books...Ummm I was shocked lol I was expecting a love story in a sense of sort..

What did everyone else think of the book???? Like or not

by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Replies (41-50):
Lucky2BaMomof2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Loved the books, left me wanting more, lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswynn88
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 3:45 AM
ok thanks i didnt know if it was real or not

Quoting kimmykat222:

Pretty sure this was made my fans... I looked it up and found that the author tweeted couple weeks ago that everything said is all rumors... I think they are still going threw casting calls... No one has been picked yet

Quoting mrswynn88:

i dont know how to make it clicky i dont know if it's real i just saw it on facebook and it look's awesome im not sure if someone made it of not but i know it looks hott :)

Quoting mrswynn88:

http://youtu.be/nLgg7nE5rCo

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Slayton723
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 3:56 AM
Why such a rush to make it into a movie? I loved the books like I said but there were parts that could have been enhanced. Like a pp said I don't understand all the hype either I've read books just like this before at least with graphic sex scenes in them. The only thing I could think of was BDSM being "taboo". But really why a movie so quick?! I mean that just makes it seem like a fat track to money. All three books came out about the same time, now a movie. Idk kinda makes me lose a little respect for the author.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Sep. 26, 2012 at 6:50 AM
Agreed

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

They were awful. Terrible writing. Repetitive sex. Dreadful all around. The story line was interesting but not well developed. Meh. I get the attraction but not the obsession.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
berlgirl1224
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 6:52 AM

Quoting Ashleeduhh:

It was ok. I liked that it had a decent plot. The sex parts got really repetitive and lack luster, though.

If you like that, get bared to you by Sylvia day

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Akie
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 7:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I think Matt Bomer should play Christian... He is hot!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jl89
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Please tell me your lying!

Quoting hopeful_mommy_:

justin bieber is playing christian grey

Quoting Laylasmommy2993:

Yes i def loved them but im so excited about the movie....I hope they cast some good ones though ....I think that one guy that played on that movie with mandy moore would be so good lol they movie were she had cancer cant remember the name of it lol

junebaby11
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:13 AM
If he does theyll kill the movie, hes about as manly as feather dear god no!!

Quoting hopeful_mommy_:

justin bieber is playing christian grey

Quoting Laylasmommy2993:

Yes i def loved them but im so excited about the movie....I hope they cast some good ones though ....I think that one guy that played on that movie with mandy moore would be so good lol they movie were she had cancer cant remember the name of it lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vegepunkstr
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Eh I thought they were just ok. The writing was very repetitive and the characters were annoying.

vegepunkstr. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

jl89
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I haven't read the books yet. I have been told it's more of an abusive relationship than anything else, so I'm unsure if I want to get halfway through, become disgusted, and ditch the book. I hate when people turn BDSM relationships in to something abusive because like this fetish isn't frowned upon enough.

I've thought about seeing the movie (would be quicker than reading the books). I've heard that Ryan Gosling auditioned for it. I wouldn't mind seeing him play Christian. I liked him in some of his other movies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN