Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Moving forward/on.... Any advice ?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:48 PM
  • 19 Replies
After breaking all my living room furniture, breaking the doors to my house, ripping the cable box out of the wall, and throwing a garbage bag full of disgusting shit at my front door - I finally decided it was time to say PEACE OUT DOUCHE BAG !

I'm 23 , 23 weeks pregnant - with no support system. My parents are not speaking to me due to my pregnancy, my bf is obviously no longer in the picture, and I just don't know what I'm going to do when the baby arrives.

Any advice from any moms out there doing it alone ? Or any moms in general .. What was it like for you the first couple of weeks with a newborn in the house ? I am trying to mentally prepare myself for what's to come ...
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brookesmommy611
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Having a newborn is stressful. But each phase doesn't las long. Hopefully you can find someone who will mentally help you out when ur having a rough day. You could always message me. There are also ways to get help financially if you need it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Leah904
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Probably better on your own than with a doucher making life hell!!

I had a husband "there for me" when my son was first born, but he was hardly that so aside from him earning the money I did it on my own, until I kicked him out and then did everything on my own!  It's tough, for sure, but totally worth it.

It's hard to say what to expect because each baby is different...do you at least have friends to help give you a break sometimes?  Small breaks (daily if possible) go a long way...

iitsybitsy
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Thank you ! That means more than you can imagine.
iitsybitsy
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 10:09 PM
My only close friends live about 45 minutes away.

Deep down inside I know I am better off but it's so difficult to not want to go back. This is going to be one hell of a ride :/

joyfullem
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Where do you live?  Newborn babies are difficult.  Some sleep better than others some eat better than others ect... You will do fine, you will love the baby and that will give you the strength you need! Having a man around that is not really there for you is harder than having no man!  My ex was so irritating when the baby would cry at night he would tell me to take him in the other room! Guess only he needed sleep lol.   Just know that you are doing what is right for you and the baby and that you are strong!

jellybean119
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Well you already sound like a strong woman for realizing you're better off without your pita bf bringing you down! So don't stress too much about the baby :-) every baby is different, but all babies can read their mothers better than a book, if you're upset he or she will pick up on it and a situation could get worse.
I don't know where you are but my area offers a visiting nurse to come to first time mothers. That helped me tremendously, they started visiting when I was pregnant so you may want to look into it sooner than later. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Laylasmommy2993
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting iitsybitsy:

Thank you ! That means more than you can imagine.

You will make it ok... Because having him in your life is just gonna stress you out and make you miserable !! Thats not good for you or the baby and you need to worry about you and the baby thats what matters most !!!

Of course it will be hard but its better to get someone out of your life thats not supporting you ...so you can find someone who will (:

Good luck to you hun all I can say is be strong !!! <3

MamaLub
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Try being patient. You may or may not get much sleep. Breastfeed and cosleep honestly. You sleep much better. Have diapers and clothes by the bed so you don't have to keep getting up at night. If you're tense the baby will be tense. It's going to be difficult emotionally because the first weeks are a learning experience. Try to form some kind of routine. Like bath time at seven everyday. Pajamas then bed. You can do it. Just focus on you and your child
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katemarie97
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
My sons a year old and from day one its just been me.its hard no doubt but for the first weeks you have this awesome amountof energy, and thats gonna help carry you but it will catch up to you lol.everyone says sleep when the baby is..sounds easy but its not as a single mom you'll have stuff to get done during his/her nap times and most likely you wont wanna lay down because youre overwhelmed.my best advice would be a schedule for the baby..the sooner you start one the better off youll be.my saving grace was work after maternity leave because i caught a break and my daycare providers got my son on a schedule for me.there'll be rough days..you'll cry and be angry but itll pass..promise.not only did work save me but getting into a stress therapy helped.if you can do that then i say go for it because its a good way to vent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barefootmommi
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't get upset when strangers tell you what you should be doing. It's going to be emotional just hang in there! It sounds like you made the best choice maybe your parents will come around where are you now?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN