Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Need some advice

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 10:36 PM
  • 14 Replies
Ok so I am thinking about starting to date. But the guy is not my usual type. Looks wise. He's not bad but idk not who I would usually go for. But he's an amazing guy. A awesome dad. He has full custody if his 2 year old. A good job. Super sweet great with my kids (we have been friends awhile) wants a relationship with me. Willing to deal with my psycho baby daddy. I honestly could not ask for more. But Im not physically attracted to him. Will that come in time ? Can I work past it? I know that shouldnt be the biggest issue but attraction is important.. Isn't it? I'm confused :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Daylorenasmom
by Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I have two daughters by two different men and when i started dating i dated someone completely the opposite if what Im used to and i also wasn't physically attracted to him but when i almost lost him it made me realize he honestly is the man for me and our relationship couldn't be any stronger then what it is now i am head over heals for this man i had no desire for he's amazing to me treats me like a queen and adore my girls like they where his own so Im looking toward to or future together but you have to make the choices that are best for you and your kids good luck on your decision
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
uriahadel
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 10:52 PM
I also dated a guy I was not physically attracted too and ended up getting pregnant, and he was great with my oldest dd and was awesome to me but I left him because I wasn't attracted to him and now I regret leaving him... my dd looks so much like him and I just love her so much
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Peaches.
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:04 PM

What's wrong with him physically?

TexasWife
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Just date him a while and if you don't ever get the vavavoom for him then tell him. One or two dates can't hurt.

gacgbaker
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:33 AM

I'd say just go on a few dates to get to know him more, dating is just getting to know someone so you can tell more if they are someone you would like to marry.  Don't worry about the physical and just get to know him first.  Good luck!

iitsybitsy
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:28 AM

It's kind of hard dating someone you are not physically attracted to. Unless you honestly believe you can get over his appearance you shouldn't ruin the friendship you have by leading him on. 

dom3269
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Why would u b with someone ur not attracted to? I see that being a problem in the future. Dont force it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dannif26
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I agree with not forcing it, but at the same time, if that is the ONLY issue, it's worth trying...sometimes an attraction can come along later, but I totally relate to your situation! If you'd like, you can send me a message and I can be a little more specific, I'm just not comfortable divulging in a group )

alkbco
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Nothing really he's just hefty but you can lose weight and he wants to but I feel so shallow. He's one of my best friends and I don't want to mess that up. But he started talking about getting back together with his ex and I realized it upset me. He's dated other people before it never bothered me until now so I have been doing some serious thinking

Quoting .Peaches.:

What's wrong with him physically?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Peaches.
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Quoting alkbco:

Obviously you've developed some kind of deeper feelings for him without realizing it. If you miss your opportunity at a wonderful relation with someone great because of a few extra pounds, you'll have no one to blame but yourself.

Wouldn't you want someone who still finds you desirable if you filled out a little...or a lot? Personally, a guy under 220 does nothing for me...I prefer my guys 'fluffier'.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN