Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms
Ok so I am thinking about starting to date. But the guy is not my usual type. Looks wise. He's not bad but idk not who I would usually go for. But he's an amazing guy. A awesome dad. He has full custody if his 2 year old. A good job. Super sweet great with my kids (we have been friends awhile) wants a relationship with me. Willing to deal with my psycho baby daddy. I honestly could not ask for more. But Im not physically attracted to him. Will that come in time ? Can I work past it? I know that shouldnt be the biggest issue but attraction is important.. Isn't it? I'm confused :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Replies (11-14):
alkbco
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Quoting .Peaches.:
thats what Im thinking and i dont want to miss out but Im also scared of it  not working and losing a great friend. but I dont think it would be like that I think we wil stay friends no matter what.. i hope.. and I cant imagine him not being in my life and talking to him everyday and I was thinking about if he did start dating someone I would be super jealous and yea so I think im gonna go for it. if he wants to still. He has asked me out before and I always said I wasnt ready so hopefully hes still interested
Quoting alkbco:

Obviously you've developed some kind of deeper feelings for him without realizing it. If you miss your opportunity at a wonderful relation with someone great because of a few extra pounds, you'll have no one to blame but yourself.

Wouldn't you want someone who still finds you desirable if you filled out a little...or a lot? Personally, a guy under 220 does nothing for me...I prefer my guys 'fluffier'.

tiarra7022
by Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:06 AM

I have dated ppl that i didnt find the most attractive but they brought other things to the table. Like support and dealing with my drama. Looks are not everything. I always look at it as a car wreck can change your looks but not whats inside.

alkbco
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:07 AM

so just an update. He is an amazing guy and we spent the day together today just chilling at the house and he met my mom and dad and they both approve ha thats a first and we talked and i told him about all of my worried minus the attraction part ill have to work that out on my own and hes sooo supportive and super sweet. Im going to go for it and hope for the best hes truly an amazing guy

JuliannaRenee
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I think you can get past the physical stuff. When you love a man it doesn't seem to matter. If he treats you amazing you will start building attraction to him because he is so great to you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN