Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

1st Birthday next month?? Help.

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 10:50 PM
  • 9 Replies

My daughter will be ne next month and all the guest have kids older then 1. I need to no what a 1 year old can do! I want to buy a little game for her party but  do not kno what she can share with kids that are 5 6 7 8 9 10? and when should i send out invations her b-day is Nov 3 so.... this is my 1st party plan so im lost.

by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
TexasWife
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Honestly whatever you want. She probably won't play games. It is her party but you will remember it better than she will. All my kids we have had it at a park. Smash cake and company cake.

HLmom89
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:13 PM
My oldest first bday was at my moms boyfriends house as we lived in a dinky apartment. His theme was seasme street and had big bird and elmo cake. He cried when we all sang happy bday. When we moved to our second house his 2year bday was at our house, his third a pizza place, and his fouth our house but it was his golden bday so he had friends from preschool come over.
My youngest bday was at our house outside. A haloween theme, so he were a pumpkin outfit, and his cake was a firetruck with spiders and webs. Our house was decorated too. His 2 year party is on saturday and he is again at our house and theme is yo gabba gabba.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Do a pinata, at one she won't really get it but it's always fun. Honestly at only one year old she won't play most games. Most important thing to remember, keep it short. Odds are good she will get overwhelmed and tired quickly so I would keep it to two hours or under and then have most people leave.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mangie22
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Honestly she probably won't play games or remember her party very much! So just gear the games towardswhat the older kids like!
gacgbaker
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Quoting Mommy4-27-08:

Do a pinata, at one she won't really get it but it's always fun. Honestly at only one year old she won't play most games. Most important thing to remember, keep it short. Odds are good she will get overwhelmed and tired quickly so I would keep it to two hours or under and then have most people leave.

Pinata's are so much fun!  We have them at every party.  I usually do a color sheet that ties in the theme, and then a craft so I hit all ages that way.  I send out the invites 2-4 weeks before the party.   Happy birthday to your daugther!

jesslynn06
by Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:44 AM
I would send out invites 2 weeks ahead so that way the other parents have time to buy the presents.When my daughter was 1 all Knuth friends/family had kiddos older than her but the other kids loved to help her open the presents and they loved seeing her have a great day and they wanted to take pictures with her.I was a nervous wreck 2 weeks before party bc I wanted everything to go as planned but in the end it was the smile on my sweet baby girls face that made the day worth while.Just stay calm and remember everything may not go as planned but it'll be a great day and family/friends will be very supportive.Good luck momma and happy 1st birthday to that sweet baby!!
Lovin_mybaby5
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 9:36 AM

For my dds 1st birthday, we went to the park, all the children were older too, we bought a pizza, had some cake and drinks, and that was pretty much it, simple cheap! She didn't even know what was going on bc she was having so much fun.

P.S Balloons-they loooooooove them

Lovin_mybaby5
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:07 AM

So what are you planning on doing for the little ones birthday?

djscinnabun
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:21 AM
I took my DD's party to a wildlife park/ petting zoo (bought group admission flat rate for our guests) we did cake and presents in a picnic area and then had a fun day playing and exploring with our family & her cousins. Her favorite part was giggling at the black bears (there's a venting machine with glass bottles of "bear juice" you can feed the bears through the cage)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)