Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Bash if you must but I need some help

Posted by   + Show Post

I know that I will be bashed for feeding my son solids at 3months however despite knowing I'll be told I'm wrong for doing it I need advice anyway. My son hates cereal yet my mom keeps telling me to feed him cereal anyway. I have tried all types, hot/ cold, mixed with water/formula. He spits it right back out no matter what time of day or how I make it. However give him carrots or applesauce he eats it right up. I told my mom that he hates it and her conclusion is that its new. Well so isnt the other stuff he eats but he doesnt make me wear those. I need advice on how to make my mom understand he doesnt want cereal so I wont force it on him.

Okay so I gotta know...doesnt anyone see how much he is eatting?? 8 to 10 ounce bottles EVERY 2 hours. Doesnt spit it back up or anything. Now do you see why I've chosen the solids route? I'm not trying to start a fight but I feel that it should be pointed out that I dont breast feed and his ONE can of formula cost 23/24 dollars a pop. its 23.5 oz can.

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:57 PM
Replies (31-40):
a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:35 PM
You and doc agree to start introducing the food. So go for. If he isn't sleeping all night. He may start! Like I said all babes are different! My two were different! I have lactose intolerant DD and my DS eats things most kids wont.

I say go for. Screw what everybody else thinks. YOU are the one getting up every two hours to feed him. No matter what formula costs. OBVIOUSLY he is still hungry. Go for it momma. You have my agreement! :)

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Lol I was letting that one go unseen. I'm not one for letting him scream if he is hungry. All of my family is tall so I'm sure he'll be tall too so his weight isnt a issue on my mind. I'll see how he'll like the mixture. I was talking to my MIL and she said my husband was a very texture picky baby :/ Hoping and praying my son does not inhert that trait!!

Quoting a06z08mama:

I would definitely try mixing with fruits or vegs then! I am surprised they aren't bashing for how much milk he is drinking! Not all babies are created equal. You have to adjust things for your own!

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

yep I always end up smelling like cereal :(

Quoting a06z08mama:

I always mixed my kids cereal with fruit or veggies. They loved it. And I would agree with you doing it. He isn't satisfied if he is eating that much that often! Have you tried a different nipple with just a lil bit of cereal in his milk?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:37 PM
If he is refusing it, there is a reason. Ask your pedi.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cLanief
babies are SUPPOSED to eat pretty much every 2 hours or so......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JRSMOM0621

Thanks for the vote of confidence! :-)

Quoting a06z08mama:

You and doc agree to start introducing the food. So go for. If he isn't sleeping all night. He may start! Like I said all babes are different! My two were different! I have lactose intolerant DD and my DS eats things most kids wont.

I say go for. Screw what everybody else thinks. YOU are the one getting up every two hours to feed him. No matter what formula costs. OBVIOUSLY he is still hungry. Go for it momma. You have my agreement! :)

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Lol I was letting that one go unseen. I'm not one for letting him scream if he is hungry. All of my family is tall so I'm sure he'll be tall too so his weight isnt a issue on my mind. I'll see how he'll like the mixture. I was talking to my MIL and she said my husband was a very texture picky baby :/ Hoping and praying my son does not inhert that trait!!

xomrs.chase
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Btw, it could be a growth spurt. Ds nurses like crazy during them. They need the extra milk to help. It's normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
t1gger143
by Katie on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Mix just a tiny bit into his food. My ds would only eat it if it was mixed in apple sauce.
JRSMOM0621
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:40 PM

My son never ate every 2 hours. He ate every 4 then continued to space them out himself till he ate at every 6.  

Quoting cLanief:

JRSMOM0621
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Thats what the dr said :( he said try food, told him he rejected cereal he said try a veggie. Now he stays full till his next bottle.

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Btw, it could be a growth spurt. Ds nurses like crazy during them. They need the extra milk to help. It's normal.

cLanief
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:41 PM
My kids ate every 2-3 unless sleeping.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

My son never ate every 2 hours. He ate every 4 then continued to space them out himself till he ate at every 6.  

Quoting cLanief:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amiehart62
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:41 PM
Let your mom wear it! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN