Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Bash if you must but I need some help

Posted by   + Show Post

I know that I will be bashed for feeding my son solids at 3months however despite knowing I'll be told I'm wrong for doing it I need advice anyway. My son hates cereal yet my mom keeps telling me to feed him cereal anyway. I have tried all types, hot/ cold, mixed with water/formula. He spits it right back out no matter what time of day or how I make it. However give him carrots or applesauce he eats it right up. I told my mom that he hates it and her conclusion is that its new. Well so isnt the other stuff he eats but he doesnt make me wear those. I need advice on how to make my mom understand he doesnt want cereal so I wont force it on him.

Okay so I gotta know...doesnt anyone see how much he is eatting?? 8 to 10 ounce bottles EVERY 2 hours. Doesnt spit it back up or anything. Now do you see why I've chosen the solids route? I'm not trying to start a fight but I feel that it should be pointed out that I dont breast feed and his ONE can of formula cost 23/24 dollars a pop. its 23.5 oz can.

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:57 PM
Replies (41-50):
heathermarie27
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Really??? My son was 9 months before he ever got an 8oz bottle. You are over Feeding him. Your poor baby. And feeding him solids? Are you kidding me? I seriously feel bad for your child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I started DS on solids at 3 months.  he preferred jarred foods to cereal.  Once he got older we just used the cereal to thicken up the purees for him as he got older. 

He is 15 months now and perfectly happy and healthy.  He is your son you do what you want/need to do.  I always have to listen to DF's mom telling me what I should be doing, I take it in stride and try to forget about it.  We lived with her all summer and every morning I would hear " did you have breakfast yet?" and even though she was asking DS she'd repeat the question until I told her exactly what he had for breakfast.

JRSMOM0621
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Nope I kinda wish that he was like other kids but I dont anymore. He is a great little boy.

Quoting cLanief:

My kids ate every 2-3 unless sleeping.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

My son never ate every 2 hours. He ate every 4 then continued to space them out himself till he ate at every 6.  

Quoting cLanief:

babies are SUPPOSED to eat pretty much every 2 hours or so......

a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:46 PM
ALL BABIES ARE DIFFERENT! :)

Just had to. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JRSMOM0621
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Okay everyone has their own oppinion but DO NOT TELL ME YOU FEEL SORRY FOR MY SON! I am not over feeding him anything! If he didnt want it he wouldnt eat the damn bottle! Get off my post and do NOT post here again!

Quoting heathermarie27:

Really??? My son was 9 months before he ever got an 8oz bottle. You are over Feeding him. Your poor baby. And feeding him solids? Are you kidding me? I seriously feel bad for your child.

JRSMOM0621
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:47 PM

I couldnt live with that. Your a stronger woman than I!

Quoting Firenygirl180:

I started DS on solids at 3 months.  he preferred jarred foods to cereal.  Once he got older we just used the cereal to thicken up the purees for him as he got older. 

He is 15 months now and perfectly happy and healthy.  He is your son you do what you want/need to do.  I always have to listen to DF's mom telling me what I should be doing, I take it in stride and try to forget about it.  We lived with her all summer and every morning I would hear " did you have breakfast yet?" and even though she was asking DS she'd repeat the question until I told her exactly what he had for breakfast.

vwd_johnson
by Valerie on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Mix them or just tell your mom straight up to back the f off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JRSMOM0621
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:50 PM

I'm sooo tempted to tell her to back up. I'll have to try mixed tomorrow. He'll be going to bed soon.

Quoting vwd_johnson:

Mix them or just tell your mom straight up to back the f off.

Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:53 PM

It was not easy.  But we had free childcare all summer and I was able to finish up school and not worry about where DS was or what he was doing.  She keeps offering to take him for a week (they live 6 hours away) and while she is at work, she's a teacher, DS would be with people I have never met before. I was like seriously?  Of course she may be getting to do just that for Thanksgiving.  DF is going down there the Tuesday the week before Thanksgiving and won't be back till sunday after Thanksgiving and DS is going with him so I can stay here and work.

My only other question in regards to the original post was do you just give him 8oz bottles all the time or do you split it up?  like he gets 4oz and if he's still hungry you give him 4 more.  I would assume though that if he is eating 8oz and not spitting it up or visibly uncomfortable then he needs that much.  Just pay attention to baby.  I tried cereal with DS once before 3 months because he never seemed to be full, and he threw a fit afterwards because it hurt his stomach.  when I started him at 3 months he never had any issues.  I have been bashed on here before about it, but he is my son and I take care of him as best I can.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

I couldnt live with that. Your a stronger woman than I!

Quoting Firenygirl180:

vwd_johnson
by Valerie on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:53 PM
What? Haha. Every baby eats different. I don't support her decision to feed solids this young. But my daughter has been drinking 8 ounces for awhile. She's 5 months now. Perfectly healthy and normal. My doctor has no issues with her eating that much.

Quoting heathermarie27:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)