Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Do they develop their own or do I need to help my lil guy along ?? When is a good time for that ? Im anxious for a little sleep so im hopin he can get down to somethin set soon lol /: he is almost a month .. that is probably too early i guess hmmm .. HELP

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:37 PM
Replies (11-20):
Si21
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:16 AM
True, I do see a pattern already but its an odd one lol

Quoting got3boyz:

I let all my kids set their own schedules.  Just give it some time and you'll start to see a pattern.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Si21
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Lucky lol (:

Quoting angusb3ar:

My son was sleeping though the night at about two to three weeks. I worried he wasn't getting enough beast milk so I would wake up to feed him. About when is was a month he had set his own schedule and gets a little cranky and will feed then passes out same time every night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Si21
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:19 AM
Yeah I try but he doesn't usually sleep long and there's usually so much to do around the house that once I'm done & ready for a nap he is up and at em again lol

Quoting PeaceMuch:

Too early. Just go with the flow. Sleep when he does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:38 AM
I know how that is. I usually said eff it to anything that didn't *need* to be done. Lol

Quoting Si21:

Yeah I try but he doesn't usually sleep long and there's usually so much to do around the house that once I'm done & ready for a nap he is up and at em again lol

Quoting PeaceMuch:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zmans_mommy
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I let my son set his own :)

FoxTales
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Kaleb had a schedule by the time he was a week or two old, but to be fair he had a predictable schedule when I was pregnant... Lol...so I doubt my next kid will do that. So we followed his... But I know a friend of mine set hers for her baby around 3 months old, I think... At just a month old, though, they still need to be fed often so you don't want to be cutting anything out or forcing them to adjust to something that would mean eating less. Good luck, though!!! I don't function well on no sleep... But even with the schedule it just means you know WHEN you won't be sleeping lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Si21
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:54 AM
You're right and I feed him when he is hungry there isn't a set schedule for that so I try to go with the flow for everything else but I've had many already tellin me about a schedule for him and to do this and that blah blah and I guess it WOULD sorta help but ah well I will wait it out

Quoting FoxTales:

Kaleb had a schedule by the time he was a week or two old, but to be fair he had a predictable schedule when I was pregnant... Lol...so I doubt my next kid will do that. So we followed his... But I know a friend of mine set hers for her baby around 3 months old, I think... At just a month old, though, they still need to be fed often so you don't want to be cutting anything out or forcing them to adjust to something that would mean eating less. Good luck, though!!! I don't function well on no sleep... But even with the schedule it just means you know WHEN you won't be sleeping lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Si21
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Hell yes ! Lol I def have but I just recently moved so there's always something to be done it seems like .. I thought I'd be done around the house but surprise ! Lol the LO came a teeny bit earlier thn expected so most things have been on hold

Quoting PeaceMuch:

I know how that is. I usually said eff it to anything that didn't *need* to be done. Lol

Quoting Si21:

Quoting PeaceMuch:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlecheifsmom
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this
It's normal for a baby to wake allot baby is young they need lots of love attention and needs met. Baby is too young for a schedule. Just go with the flow soon enough baby will set his tone. Of u need to see if someone will comeover watch baby for an he after baby feeds so u can get a cat nap in
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
AleaKat
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
There is no such thing as a schedule with a new baby. You kind of get to know them and their habits and work around it. Took me a couple weeks to adjust to his way of things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)