Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Do they develop their own or do I need to help my lil guy along ?? When is a good time for that ? Im anxious for a little sleep so im hopin he can get down to somethin set soon lol /: he is almost a month .. that is probably too early i guess hmmm .. HELP

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:37 PM
Replies (21-30):
Huera620
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:57 PM
2 moms liked this
I had a schedule set by day 3 while I was still in the hospital. It can be done and it is not at all too early. A newborn DOES NOT set the schedule, the parent does. PM me and I will be glad to give you some advice. My son is 5 now and his schedule is still going strong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss_MikLain
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Are you bf'ing??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Si21
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:12 AM
I do breast and bottle

Quoting Miss_MikLain:

Are you bf'ing??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss_MikLain
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:56 AM
You can set a schedule for your child. My 4 month has had one since day one practically. You start with small things and everything falls into place.

Quoting Si21:

I do breast and bottle

Quoting Miss_MikLain:

Are you bf'ing??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VictoriousTory
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Yea a month is kinda early.... they kinda make up their own thing... right now you are at his mercy. Boog didn't really start showing signs of a schedule until prolly almost 6 months. If you wanna start a night routine... like bath, bottle ( boob ) bed, he might just get used to that... but dont get upset if it changes. Right now he doesnt have an EXACT schedule but normally has his naps and meals around the same time... and after we eat and daddy cleans up the kitchen then its bath, bottle, boog out. :) 

joyfullem
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:15 AM

I set my babies scheduals.  I know too many moms that let baby do it and end up all night and sleeping during the day.  I have two other kids and that is unacceptable.  Honestly I lay them down and get them up at the same time every single day feed bathe everything on a set schedual that fits iin with my life.  I guess some would say it selfish but the whole worl cannot stop when baby arrives.  Your schedual is going to suck right now but you can start one.  It may be feed every two hours burp change let sleep and repeat but it can be started.

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:15 AM
We never forced a schedule on our dd. We made nice routines and followed her lead and she made her own nap time and bedtimes- no stress, no tears, no loss of sleep. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AHmom103
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:16 AM

I let my girls set their own schedules, but that doesn't always work for everyone. It only worked for me because I'm a sahm. My oldest dd got on a pretty reasonable schedule by the time she was 2 months old, and it took my youngest dd until she was 3 or 4 months.

Si21
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:44 AM
Yeah so far I've started the bath, feeding, bed routine and that's pretty solid (for no lol) but everything else is sorta hectic

Quoting VictoriousTory:

Yea a month is kinda early.... they kinda make up their own thing... right now you are at his mercy. Boog didn't really start showing signs of a schedule until prolly almost 6 months. If you wanna start a night routine... like bath, bottle ( boob ) bed, he might just get used to that... but dont get upset if it changes. Right now he doesnt have an EXACT schedule but normally has his naps and meals around the same time... and after we eat and daddy cleans up the kitchen then its bath, bottle, boog out. :) 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Si21
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Yeah I don't want to let him do his own thing forever and then he take over lol how old are your babies ?

Quoting joyfullem:

I set my babies scheduals.  I know too many moms that let baby do it and end up all night and sleeping during the day.  I have two other kids and that is unacceptable.  Honestly I lay them down and get them up at the same time every single day feed bathe everything on a set schedual that fits iin with my life.  I guess some would say it selfish but the whole worl cannot stop when baby arrives.  Your schedual is going to suck right now but you can start one.  It may be feed every two hours burp change let sleep and repeat but it can be started.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)