Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Do they develop their own or do I need to help my lil guy along ?? When is a good time for that ? Im anxious for a little sleep so im hopin he can get down to somethin set soon lol /: he is almost a month .. that is probably too early i guess hmmm .. HELP

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:37 PM
Replies (31-35):
Si21
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:48 AM
I also stay at home for now but I'll be finishing my last sem and working again soon so I also think the schedule may be easier on whoever helps take care of him while I'm away

Quoting AHmom103:

I let my girls set their own schedules, but that doesn't always work for everyone. It only worked for me because I'm a sahm. My oldest dd got on a pretty reasonable schedule by the time she was 2 months old, and it took my youngest dd until she was 3 or 4 months.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joyfullem
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:49 AM

DD is 5 DS1 is 3 and the baby is 9 months old now but all of my kids slept through the night by 5 months and they were all on a schedual from day one.  Im really really big about it!

Quoting Si21:

Yeah I don't want to let him do his own thing forever and then he take over lol how old are your babies ?

Quoting joyfullem:

I set my babies scheduals.  I know too many moms that let baby do it and end up all night and sleeping during the day.  I have two other kids and that is unacceptable.  Honestly I lay them down and get them up at the same time every single day feed bathe everything on a set schedual that fits iin with my life.  I guess some would say it selfish but the whole worl cannot stop when baby arrives.  Your schedual is going to suck right now but you can start one.  It may be feed every two hours burp change let sleep and repeat but it can be started.

Si21
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Wow that's nice I tried earlier on but everyone says to wait it out bc he's too young

Quoting joyfullem:

DD is 5 DS1 is 3 and the baby is 9 months old now but all of my kids slept through the night by 5 months and they were all on a schedual from day one.  Im really really big about it!

Quoting Si21:

Yeah I don't want to let him do his own thing forever and then he take over lol how old are your babies ?

Quoting joyfullem:

I set my babies scheduals.  I know too many moms that let baby do it and end up all night and sleeping during the day.  I have two other kids and that is unacceptable.  Honestly I lay them down and get them up at the same time every single day feed bathe everything on a set schedual that fits iin with my life.  I guess some would say it selfish but the whole worl cannot stop when baby arrives.  Your schedual is going to suck right now but you can start one.  It may be feed every two hours burp change let sleep and repeat but it can be started.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joyfullem
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Its a personal thing what works in one house is not going to work in another.  You have to do what feels right.  As a mom you have instincts and opinions just go with how you feel.  I know people will get pissy about this but it doesn't hurt baby to cry some it just doesnt.  I dont mean for long extended periods of time but a little is definatly OK.  Just do what you need to and what you know is best

Quoting Si21:

Wow that's nice I tried earlier on but everyone says to wait it out bc he's too young

Quoting joyfullem:

Quoting Si21:

Quoting joyfullem:

thanush
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Babies thrive in consistency. Not for everything ( diaper , feeding) but for general things. It gives them a feel of what to expect... I would call it more of a routine than a schedule.. Give him a bath at the same time of the day, then feed, burp, change and put down to sleep..
I fed my DD on demand ( I BF) but once she started solids, I gave that on a specific time everyday. They don't get in to a schedule of their own until about 3 months.. By that time she eventually got on a routine for feeding and sleeping on her own too. I did help when she needed it lol ( I would extend the feeding time about 10-15 minutes a day to get her to feed every 2.30 -3.00 hours ( she was demanding feeding every 1.30 hrs at first).
Same with the sleep. By the time they are 6 months they can sleep at least 6hrs straight. Try to add an hour each month they grow.. I did let her cry a bit sometimes, but she would wake up and cry one day, and the next day she can sleep longer before waking up. My DD didn't start sleeping through the night until almost 1yr. Even now she get up every now and then, specially if she didn't have a good dinner. Now she is 2.9 yrs so I ask her if she is hungry or put her back to her bed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN