Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting tubes tied?

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:08 PM
  • 14 Replies

This is baby number three and hubby and I are sure we do not want to have any more kids, my family will be complete when my lil man gets here. My two options are tubes tied or essure. I do not know anyone other than very dramatic SIL who has had tubes tied, so I am just wondering is it bad? I have NEVER had a surgery or stitches before in my life so it kinda scares me, but the essure procedure sounds terryifing...Has anyone had either? If so what was your experience?

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atmsmom2011
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Idk this is baby #2 for us and we are getting tubes tied I don't trust essure or having your uterus stripped. I am having a c section so I will already be cut open
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstensmommie
by Joy on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I'm getting the essure after I have my LO

Gastromama2007
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:20 PM
I got my tubes tied in December...it was elective because I didn't have a baby and then have it done. The recovery time was okay. My incision was about five inches long. So that was the worst part. I'd never had a csection before so I didn't know how painful an incision was there. I couldn't stand completely upright for about two days, and walking was a little uncomfortable. But I'm so glad I did it. Now I don't have to worry about hormonal birth control!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaliyahImani
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:26 PM
I still want another baby but after three ill stop but i read and mother is proff it puts you in eary menopause i think that's how spell but i heards worst then a period
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alkbco
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:36 AM

essure is 100% effective and its not bad from what I have heard but if u only have medicaid its not the best choice because u have to go back in a few months to make sure the scarring was complete. but I had my tubes tied and it only took about two hours total in and out of the hospital I have a tiny scar on the inside of my belly button some people say they get stomach cramps or a lot of bloating for a few days i didnt have any problems at all besides when I pushed on it lol just to see if it hurt and it felt like a bruise thats it not bad at all. and im terrified of being put to sleep for surgery but it wasnt too bad.

alkbco
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:38 AM

5inches? thats weird me and my friend both got ours done and they went in through our belly buttons and our scars were both like a inch or less and almost not even that now that they have healed all the way

Quoting Gastromama2007:

I got my tubes tied in December...it was elective because I didn't have a baby and then have it done. The recovery time was okay. My incision was about five inches long. So that was the worst part. I'd never had a csection before so I didn't know how painful an incision was there. I couldn't stand completely upright for about two days, and walking was a little uncomfortable. But I'm so glad I did it. Now I don't have to worry about hormonal birth control!

2babygurls.h.f
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:09 AM

No more babies for me... im getting mine done ASAP!

Gastromama2007
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:25 AM
I had a cystsectomy as well so I'm assuming it had to be bigger to accommodate all that too.

Quoting alkbco:

5inches? thats weird me and my friend both got ours done and they went in through our belly buttons and our scars were both like a inch or less and almost not even that now that they have healed all the way

Quoting Gastromama2007:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bfairbanks
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:24 AM

How was the anestesia? I think that is the part I am most nervous about...they said if i dont have a c-section i have to wait 24 hours after delivery before they can do it, that puts my epidural being in a lloonngg time that makes me nervous

Quoting Gastromama2007:

m0mmyheather
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I would prefer to have mine done after I have my baby. I don't want more than one child, for health and personal reasons both. I got pregnant using condoms and don't really feel comfortable taking the pill...that cannot be good for your body. I keep being told they won't do it until you've got two kids though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)