Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

suggestions please!! *piog*

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:34 PM
  • 7 Replies

Mobile Photo

Tonight my bf dog Ripley "Rip" was struck and killed. My bf is devastated! He had Rip since he was pup! 6years. He was his bird dog. Definitely a man and his best friend. Rip was so excited when bf came home from his ten day hunting trip! (That's my DS in the pic. They got very close! )

What's some ideas of something sweet to do for bf??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jlu88
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Aww. Sorry to hear that. Maybe get photos developed and make a small album for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:25 AM
My aunt suggested a collage. But I've only got three pictures of him. I've only been around him since spring. And I'm not sure what pictures he has of him. I hate this. Bf is so down right now. (Heman don't let emotions show. But this is striking a lil harder)

Quoting Jlu88:

Aww. Sorry to hear that. Maybe get photos developed and make a small album for him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Itzy0ll0tl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:30 AM

can I ask wqhwat struck him?

I made a post on how to deal with a pets death.. and the conclusion is,.. well he needs to grieve. it will get better with time

you can share this story that someone once told me when my dog died like 10 years ago.

When a dog REALLY loves the owner , can sense if the owner will be i ndanger in the near future, and when they sense this , they autosacrifice themselves. they offer their lives so that the owner can continue living. and when this happens it forms an unbreakable bond, his love woll always be present. nad yes, it will hurt. but with the time, it will get better. :) HUGS to all your family. loosing a pet is hard. we lost our boxer a couple of months ago. that actualy was the reason I joined cafe mom. PM me if you want. :)

FoxTales
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Aw, that's tough... I agree with the pps who said he needs time to grieve, though. Just be there for him, maybe plan a special date night for the two of you (stay in or go out) if that would be something he would enjoy... But mostly if you are supportive and show him you care, it is probably the best thing you can do right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:48 AM
His pen (that's in the picture ) is at the back of the house. He lives on a busy street. Always told me when I went over to check on him never to let him loose in case he got to the front of the house to the road.

Last night he let him out of his pen. I guess most of the time Rip would run around the house and come back. He didn't last night. He is hunting dog. So my guess he caught a sniff of something and went after it. He got hit by a car. Or a vehicle.

Bf says he is fine. I know he needs to grieve. I don't live with him. So it will be his decision for when or if he wants another. He just one of my kittens Monday. So he has another pet. Just will be different when we come home now. He would always go to the back to turn around. And Rip would go nuts! Hell I will probably cry more than him ( man thing! ) he was such a good mannered dog. He let his buddy's daughter ride him like a horse (shes a tiny lil 3 yr old)

I could go on and on about him. I got attached to him too. DS was sad this am when I told him.

Quoting Itzy0ll0tl:

can I ask wqhwat struck him?

I made a post on how to deal with a pets death.. and the conclusion is,.. well he needs to grieve. it will get better with time

you can share this story that someone once told me when my dog died like 10 years ago.

When a dog REALLY loves the owner , can sense if the owner will be i ndanger in the near future, and when they sense this , they autosacrifice themselves. they offer their lives so that the owner can continue living. and when this happens it forms an unbreakable bond, his love woll always be present. nad yes, it will hurt. but with the time, it will get better. :) HUGS to all your family. loosing a pet is hard. we lost our boxer a couple of months ago. that actualy was the reason I joined cafe mom. PM me if you want. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:53 AM
We are having a bonfire hopefully Saturday night. Thar was planned before this happened. So as long as rain holds out. I guess we will still do it. He loves my soup I make. So I was going to teach him how to make it this weekend. (My kids go to their dads eow so we get some alone time then) he has been a great support for me. And I have been for him when he lost his nephew unexpectedly over the summer. And anytime he needs me to be. That's part of being in a relationship right? :)

Quoting FoxTales:

Aw, that's tough... I agree with the pps who said he needs time to grieve, though. Just be there for him, maybe plan a special date night for the two of you (stay in or go out) if that would be something he would enjoy... But mostly if you are supportive and show him you care, it is probably the best thing you can do right now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)