Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

CM doctors out there?!?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:06 AM
  • 5 Replies
I'm not the doctor going type. So I figured I'd ask you girls your thoughts. So for the past 2 months or so my wrist has been really sore(since having a baby not sure if that makes a difference) but its hard to pick her up sometimes it hurts so bad. It hurts the most in the middle of the night. So about a week ago I was walking the dog and she ran around a pole so after trying to get her around I just went to switch hands with the lease and she pulled and my wrist slammed the pole. I thought it was broken I couldn't move it for a while but now I can. It still really hurts and my bone sticks out more on that wrist now? Is it carpal tunnel?
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
crabtreemommy
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Carpal tunnel syndrome causes pain, tingling, and numbness in your hand from pressure on the median nerve in your wrist. Illnesses, pregnancy, and obesity can cause carpal tunnel syndrome. Rest and exercises relieve symptoms.

http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/carpal-tunnel/default.htm

crabtreemommy
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Also.... 

Symptoms

By Mayo Clinic staff

Carpal tunnel syndrome typically starts gradually with a vague aching in your wrist that can extend to your hand or forearm. Common carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms include:

• Tingling or numbness in your fingers or hand, especially your thumb and index, middle or ring fingers, but not your little finger. This sensation often occurs while holding a steering wheel, phone or newspaper or upon awakening. Many people "shake out" their hands to try to relieve their symptoms. As the disorder progresses, the numb feeling may become constant.
  • Pain radiating or extending from your wrist up your arm to your shoulder or down into your palm or fingers, especially after forceful or repetitive use. This usually occurs on the palm side of your forearm.
  • A sense of weakness in your hands and a tendency to drop objects.

When to see a doctor
If you have persistent signs and symptoms suggestive of carpal tunnel syndrome, especially if they interfere with your normal activities and sleep patterns, see your doctor. If you leave the condition untreated, nerve and muscle damage can occur.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/carpal-tunnel-syndrome/DS00326/DSECTION=symptoms

maddiesmommy5
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Do your hands/ wrist go numb or tingly ever? I was just diagnosed with carpal tunnel and it sucks! I cant move either hand when I wake up in am they hurt and are swollen nor do i sleep because night time is worst. It might be worth a trip to the Dr although mine just told me to wear these stupid braces:/  there is a surgery to help correct it if you do have it though. As for the bone sticking out idk you should probably go your dr.

Lindsayhoy0612
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Thank guys
VictoriousTory
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:21 AM

It could be.... BUT..... in my case I had similar pain... I started dropping thigns and lost strength in that arm... I ended up having two herniated discs... and 2 neck surgeries... I would get it checked out! It could also just be a pinched nerve. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)