Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

My husband and I recently moved out of state for work. We have been lucky enough to have wonderful neighbors who have really gone out of their way to make us feel welcome. They are all pretty religious but not pushy about it which is great. They are still down to earth ppl and I would NEVER discredit anyone or their beliefs. I myself am not a religious person nor do I want to be, but that doesn't mean I don't respect it. My one neighbor invited me to a group at the church that is like a music activity for our kids. It is something I know my ds would love and I want to sign up but idk if it's appropriate since I am not part of the church. Should i still attend?

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Replies (11-13):
joyfullem
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:59 AM

The church doesn't require you to be a member.  They like others in the communit to come!  Do not be offended though if there is religious stuff in the program.

AleaKat
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM
We are the same way. I was made to go when I was little so I went out if habit and not for the right reasons so now I don't go. I can teach my kids on my terms and let them make their own decisions

Quoting tjane3000:

Thank you! I do feel better about going knowing that it's not ethically wrong because I was invited. I don't mind my ds learning about god. I want him to make his own choiced for sure! Thank you all so much for the advice!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ARmommy2912
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Its kinda like a birthday party, its not your sons birthday but you were invited....so you go :) you never know you might like the church and want to be apart of it :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)