Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Would your mother?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:29 PM
  • 30 Replies

I called my mom (stepmother but was mainly mom due to BM hasn't been around until the last 3 years and I am 26). I told her I missed her and was wondering if we could make plans to come over and hang out with me for a couple of hours some time in the near future. Her reply was I am busy all the time. I'm sorry. She is constantly going to my stepsister's house which is 4 hours away and spends days there. She also visits my other sister about 4-5 times a week. She even finds time to go to NC to visit my other sister at least twice a month.

I told her I understood and maybe one day we could work something out. But really my feelings were really hurt. I understand I am an adult now and I understand she has her own life and things to do...but seriously I was saying it had to be any time immediately or even in the next couple of weeks!!

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tilly030409
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:45 PM

BUMP!

Megan11587
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:47 PM
That sucks, I'm sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tilly030409
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Thanks.

sissy852
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:49 PM
i am sorry :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
m0mmy0ftw02012
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Im sorry sweetie.... You situation is like my SO's. His mother left him when he was little and his step mother is his "mom". Why dont you surprice her... I talk to my mom almost every day and i see her every week. I hope you can work something out with your mother, so yall can hang out!

NiCo86
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:51 PM
I would talk to her about it, let her know that you feel left out and she has hurt your feelings. Maybe she doesn't realize what she's doing?
ProudMommy51006
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:53 PM
I agree

Quoting NiCo86:

I would talk to her about it, let her know that you feel left out and she has hurt your feelings. Maybe she doesn't realize what she's doing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tilly030409
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Her and my dad have been going through an "off" period. He has moved his stuff out but is still living there. I know she is dealing with a lot and I don't know how to approach her about the subject with all the other stuff going on. SN: My parents "break up and get back together" every other year or so. They have done this my whole life.

I personally don't care whether they are married or not, it is whatever makes them happy. She is the only mother I have ever really known and I would still want her in my life even if they really did get a divorce. I also do want to put more stress on her plate.

I do call but most of my calls get answer by VM or she answers and says I am talking to molly (my sister) let me call you back.....never calls back. She actually forgot about my birthday this year, I called her the day after and she was like "oh I forgot all about your birthday yesterday, I didn't think about it until it was to late. I told her it wasn't a big deal but I know that in july she took my other sister sara Camping for her birthday and she threw my sister molly a birthday party at Pizza Hut last month in Sept. MY BIRTHDAY IS IN AUGUST.....you forgot.....thanks mom......

IDK anymore......

Titana
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:08 PM
I think u should tell her u r hurt and explain why.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:17 PM

I would tell you that you need to have an open and honest talk and tell her the things she's done that have hurt you. You might not get the answer or resolution you're hoping for, but at least it'll be in the open.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)