Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

anyone ever called ur child chunky, juicy, or fat?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:03 PM
  • 68 Replies
My daughter is six months old and weighs almost 20 lbs. She is perfectly healthy and her doctor hasnt said anything about her weight so im not worried about it but since she was about two months old a few people have called her chunky or juicy. It doesnt bother me though cuz i call her my chunky monkey. Would anyone else be offended or has anyone had a similar experience?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TempestRayne
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:20 PM
2 moms liked this
If someone called either of my girls "juicey," I would punch them. In th junk.
Aurora-Dove
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Yeah funny though he's really lean he's just got chubby thighs and cheeks lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ank_mom2be
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:24 PM

My seven month old is at least 22lbs and barely 27", so he gets called a chunky baby. It doesn't bother me because he is chunky.

My first little one (a boy, named Phoenix) February 23 2012 <3
http://veritas-prevalebit.blogspot.com/    http://www.facebook.com/ashley.nicole.blogger
Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

kyndiesmommy
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:24 PM
My DD is 10 months and weighed 23 lbs at her 9 month check up. My family, friends, and random strangers call her fat all the time. It annoys me sometimes when people go on and on about how fat she is but her Dr isn't concerned so neither am I
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raye-chan
by Raye on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:26 PM

My mom loves to call my son fat every time she sees him. He's going on 9 months and is just at 20 pounds. The only time it looks like he could be a little chubby is when he's sitting down and curling up into a ball. Otherwise, he's long and lean for his age. His ped said that he was actually just fine how he is. We'll know for sure after the 17th this month since he's due for his 9 month check up. 

It doesn't bother me too much whenever close friends call him chubby/chunky because I call him my chunky monkey all the time. It does however bother me the most whenever my mom does because she goes out of her way to be mean and spiteful. :\

LynBoz
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:26 PM
I would probably be pissed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loopyg84
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:28 PM
My son will be 6mths next week and weighs 18 lbs....I call him chunkies lol but it's a cute nickname...

I did have someone straight out say my baby was fat, that's when I got annoyed cuz he's a baby and he's healthy cuz he's also very tall...I guess it was just the way it was phrased...
i.m.r.
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:29 PM
When dd was about that age she was called chunky. I was fine with it. She was mostly called rolely polely though. Or squishy. Now she's leaned out quite a bit so she just gets called tall lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcbrookie92
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:30 PM
When lydia was about a month old we went to visit family in another city and i was talking to my cousin about her baby who is also a little chunker like lydia. She said one of our cousins called ileigh juicy and she was so pissed and so was our grandma but once my mom explained what it meant i didnt care. It just means chunky. But i understand that it bothers some people.

Quoting TempestRayne:

If someone called either of my girls "juicey," I would punch them. In th junk.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovin_mybaby5
Work work work school work...I'm am really looking forward to my 2 week winter break
Yesterday at 5:42 PM
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:30 PM

i was called fat, chunky, everything when I was young...I grew up to have an eating disorder..so I will never let anyone call my dd that

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN